• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill ID's on this board..........you're all pathetic.

87 posts in this topic

AK,

with a post like that, please name the SHILLER's, you can't make a post like that and not name names. confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

yours,

pimpy

greedydealer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Trimmer N More? foreheadslap.gif

otis 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thehurtingman 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

joe_blow 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's Joe_Blow! tongue.gif

Suck! crazy.gif

Leave Helga, errr......I mean leave Joanna alone. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Helga died a long time ago. And at least I told everyone who I was -- there was no subterfuge. It's the hiding that I hate. Just be honest with who you are.

Helga died a long time ago. And at least I told everyone who I was -- there was no subterfuge. It's the hiding that I hate. Just be honest with who you are.

Well it's about time I came clean to y'all.......................my shill id is "greggy". sorry.gif

I'm not sure what he finds disturbing and was curious to know.

When I first started lurking on these boads(September of last year) this was a much more productive and interesting place. And the reason, above all, is that IMO it seemed that people had more respect for each other. Respect is a very big thing for me. Even if you don't like someone, there should be a basic semblence of respect for that person's views, particularly if they've done nothing to deserve disrespect. Why has "Mister Mean" been atacking Gene? First he criticized the way he looked, then he insulted him by belittling his recent original art purchase. It's obviously someone who dosen't like Gene for whatever reason, and has created a shill to stir some [!@#%^&^] up. Every one of his posts basically seems like an attempt to rile people up. Why? Is his life so pathetic that this is what gets him off? I don't know who he is, or what his motives are, and I simply don't care, but I am positive that he's a shill.

That's what it comes down to for me. There is a difference between people bagging on each other for fun, and people blatently insulting each other. And it's even worse when it's done under some false identity. If you insist on being a child, and are unable to show respect to those who really don't deserve to be attacked, then at least have the stones to do it in true form. And if you're opinions are such that you feel the need to disguise yourself inorder to express them, then maybe you should take a moment of introspection and explore why you're acting like a 14 year old(unless you really are 14, and in that case, get off the computer and go do your homework or play a sport, inorder to do your part to reduce the hideous rate of obesity among North American youth).

As for what exactly triggered this thread, it's just a build up from watching all the juvenile [!@#%^&^] that's been going on here for the past few months. I don't know many collectors in real life, and I enjoy these boards. I would simply like to see some more mutual respect around here, whether you agree with people or not. If some of you people haven't yet learned how to get a long with those who have different views, at least on a basic level, then I seriously pity you. I've found that there is a direct correlation between success and a person's ability to show a basic respect to others, even if they aren't crazy about those individuals. And if you don't have much of a backbone in real life, the solution is not coming here and attacking people, acting like an "internet tough guy".

That's all I have to say.

As for what exactly triggered this thread, it's just a build up from watching all the juvenile [!@#%^&^] that's been going on here for the past few months. I don't know many collectors in real life, and I enjoy these boards. I would simply like to see some more mutual respect around here, whether you agree with people or not. If some of you people haven't yet learned how to get a long with those who have different views, at least on a basic level, then I seriously pity you. I've found that there is a direct correlation between success and a person's ability to show a basic respect to others, even if they aren't crazy about those individuals. And if you don't have much of a backbone in real life, the solution is not coming here and attacking people, acting like an "internet tough guy".

That's all I have to say.

Amen brother!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

When I first started lurking on these boads(September of last year) this was a much more productive and interesting place. And the reason, above all, is that IMO it seemed that people had more respect for each other

This is part of the reason I don't post here as much anymore. IMO the topics/subjects of the boards have gone from mostly informative and interesting to what they currently are now, mostly insults/jokes/and repetitive comments. Occasionally there's a good conversation (which usually takes place between only 3-4 members now) so that's why I stick around to read. Hell the lack of conversation on here can be summed up in just a few threads, without these stupid smiley things there'd be about 1/2 as many posts.

Brian

Yes, just like that and I totally forgot to mention these played out market crash and market speculation threads. Honestly, if I wanted to come some place to find a bunch of people with very depressing views I'd just look there...really takes the fun out of collecting.

Brian

When I first started lurking on these boads(September of last year) this was a much more productive and interesting place. And the reason, above all, is that IMO it seemed that people had more respect for each other

This is part of the reason I don't post here as much anymore. IMO the topics/subjects of the boards have gone from mostly informative and interesting to what they currently are now, mostly insults/jokes/and repetitive comments. Occasionally there's a good conversation (which usually takes place between only 3-4 members now) so that's why I stick around to read. Hell the lack of conversation on here can be summed up in just a few threads, without these stupid smiley things there'd be about 1/2 as many posts.

Brian

I'd have to agree, I've only been here a week or so. And it's already getting to be a waste of my time. Trying to actually find any quality threads is nearly impossible. At least 90% is basically garbage.

I feel sorry for the admins having to deal with all of this. They should probably just delete the entire board and start over. But, with stricter rules, fewer forums and more moderators keeping an eye on things.

I mean really, that's how bad it looks to new people. It's like going to a friend's house for the 1st time and having to shove the front door open (because of all of the trash blocking it) to get inside. Then, needing a shovel and hip-waders to just walk around inside. mad.gif

There are many informative posts and threads here and quite a few really great people here. But, they seem to buried under a mountain of trash most of the time. frown.gif

These boards are what we make of them ....Andrew has voiced his opinion and thus has put shills on notice that mean spirited posts don't go unnoticed and that the majority of us are here for the love of the hobby...

Baggin' is fun when it is done in the proper context but mean spiritedness is uncalled for...

Thanks Andrew.. for hopefully clarifying the direction that these boards should, or moreso shouldn't, be taking...

I agree with you AK....but I don't agree with the attitude that others have voiced of "I don't like it here now cause it's changed"....

To quote Pogo..."We have seen the enemy....and it is us"....JMO... wink.gif

I'd have to agree, I've only been here a week or so. And it's already getting to be a waste of my time. Trying to actually find any quality threads is nearly impossible. At least 90% is basically garbage.

I feel sorry for the admins having to deal with all of this. They should probably just delete the entire board and start over. But, with stricter rules, fewer forums and more moderators keeping an eye on things.

I mean really, that's how bad it looks to new people. It's like going to a friend's house for the 1st time and having to shove the front door open (because of all of the trash blocking it) to get inside. Then, needing a shovel and hip-waders to just walk around inside. mad.gif

There are many informative posts and threads here and quite a few really great people here. But, they seem to buried under a mountain of trash most of the time. frown.gif

I wouldn't say 90% of the posts are garbage. A lot of times it just boils down to people wanting to interact with other people and posting just for the hell of it..I think that's what makes these boards so great because if you have a joke to share, you share it and if you have a comment, you make it. I look at coming on these boards as a chance to communicate with my fellow comic collectors in a fun setting, make friends and share stories. And that's what comic collecting should be about..having fun!

Sure, we get off topic sometimes, but I think you'll find that on any board.

Yea, 90% was a little harsh. And really I don't mind most of the stuff. But, there's also a place for it.

I don't mind a post where, just by reading the title, you can say. "Here we go again". I mean, you know it's going to be a long rambling thread , with basically everthing, including the kitchen sink thrown in. grin.gif

But, just by reading the title, you've already got a choice of reading further or ignoring it.

It's the hijacking of some threads that tick me off. Someone trying to start a real discussion. No matter what the subject, politics,religion,comics whatever. And certain people basically post pages of nothing, just so they can attack one another or just to "goof off". That's uncalled for. mad.gif

I mean look at 1/2 the recent threads in the water cooler forum. Just people baiting and flaming each other. Very little real substance. frown.gif

I for one, wouldn't mind joining in on some intelligent discussion and even heated debates on a number of the topics listed. But, once I actually open the thread and start reading the responses, I just move on. Hoping to find intelligent life. frown.gif

That's what it comes down to for me. There is a difference between people bagging on each other for fun, and people blatently insulting each other. And it's even worse when it's done under some false identity. If you insist on being a child, and are unable to show respect to those who really don't deserve to be attacked, then at least have the stones to do it in true form. And if you're opinions are such that you feel the need to disguise yourself inorder to express them, then maybe you should take a moment of introspection and explore why you're acting like a 14 year old(unless you really are 14, and in that case, get off the computer and go do your homework or play a sport, inorder to do your part to reduce the hideous rate of obesity among North American youth).

Unfortunately, the personality disorder, and behaviour typified by "belittling" someone, or insulting a person because you disagree with their views and opinions is a behaviour endemic of the very culture we live in today. Its funny that you should mention a 14 year old as a prime candidate of this type of behaviour, when I see this activity on television, hear it on the radio, and every sportscast; crusades by grown adults who are wearing suits, ties, and fancy clothes, and are constantly sporting a smile after each throw. It is an art that was perfected in the political realm, and has now leeched into all facets of society, and is a popular tactic of attention seekers, and people in the race for a popularity contest.

• Administrator

Part of this may be related to having appropriately topic-specific boards.

I can't really keep up with the posting around here anymore, but my sense has been that comic general can be quite wide-ranging in its posts from erudite to just messing around -- but that the other more topic-specific boards tend to be more focused on comic-knowledge exchange.

True or no?

I can't really keep up with the posting around here anymore, but my sense has been that comic general can be quite wide-ranging in its posts from erudite to just messing around -- but that the other more topic-specific boards tend to be more focused on comic-knowledge exchange.

True or no?

True.......until the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that can only post these: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifangel.gifhi.gif etc.... come in and trash a thread. Or when two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons get together and turn a thread into a personal conversation (that wouldn't even happen in real life). It really comes down to about eight people that screw up most threads and they just love to hear themselves talk.

It wasn't until I came to these boards that I learned the center of the universe is a very crowded place.

True or no?

True.......until the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that can only post these: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifangel.gifhi.gif etc.... come in and trash a thread. Or when two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons get together and turn a thread into a personal conversation (that wouldn't even happen in real life). It really comes down to about eight people that screw up most threads and they just love to hear themselves talk.

It wasn't until I came to these boards that I learned the center of the universe is a very crowded place.

Can I name a few?? NO OFFENCE GUY"S...

GREGGY

BOC

MAJOR CHAOS

Major has had a hard o-n for me for some time now? Why? who's to know....