• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill ID's on this board..........you're all pathetic.

87 posts in this topic

This board primarily consists of intelligent and educated people. If you want to continue using the internet to exert the type of power you can obviously never have in real life, go find one of the millions of other message boards that consist of people who are as immature, socially inept, and as generally inadequate as you all are.

What about us 'bots, replicants and 'droids - can we stay? devil.gif

Serious, COI - I agree with you wholeheartedly. I try to use the same nick on any/all boards and other online environs that I frequent, not only for the sake of consistency and simplicity, but because I think it's important to have a single online 'persona' and stand behind it.

Part of this may be related to having appropriately topic-specific boards.

I can't really keep up with the posting around here anymore, but my sense has been that comic general can be quite wide-ranging in its posts from erudite to just messing around -- but that the other more topic-specific boards tend to be more focused on comic-knowledge exchange.

True or no?

True.......until the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that can only post these: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifangel.gifhi.gif etc.... come in and trash a thread. Or when two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons get together and turn a thread into a personal conversation (that wouldn't even happen in real life). It really comes down to about eight people that screw up most threads and they just love to hear themselves talk.

It wasn't until I came to these boards that I learned the center of the universe is a very crowded place.

Can I name a few?? NO OFFENCE GUY"S...

GREGGY

BOC

MAJOR CHAOS

Major has had a hard o-n for me for some time now? Why? who's to know....

Bring this pretender to the throne to me! Who is this "Major Chaos"??? ANOTHER shill ID??? hm? Step forward, Major Chaos... and be ruined like so many before you!

And really, Ablue, this is no place to discuss the finer "points" of my anatomy, no? 893naughty-thumb.gif

And to the shillbearers? Yeah, you really ARE pathetic... with obvious exceptions, such as the blatant shillifying that took place for the Great Water Cooler Flame Wars of 2003.

And for the REST of you:

TROLL!!!!

PROVE IT!!!!

ooo.gifmad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifgrin.gifconfused.gifsmirk.gifshocked.giflaugh.gifcrazy.gifwink.giftongue.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gifsign-offtopic.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshy.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifnews.gifsleeping.gifboo.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gif

Gads, but I do get sick of your crying.

I can't really keep up with the posting around here anymore, but my sense has been that comic general can be quite wide-ranging in its posts from erudite to just messing around -- but that the other more topic-specific boards tend to be more focused on comic-knowledge exchange.

True or no?

True.......until the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that can only post these: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifangel.gifhi.gif etc.... come in and trash a thread. Or when two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons get together and turn a thread into a personal conversation (that wouldn't even happen in real life). It really comes down to about eight people that screw up most threads and they just love to hear themselves talk.

It wasn't until I came to these boards that I learned the center of the universe is a very crowded place.

How did a thread about " shill posters " turn into a free-for-all rant about how certain members are ruining these boards?

SHILLS are pathetic......but let's not turn this thread into another flame war. flamed.gif

True or no?

How did a thread about " shill posters " turn into a free-for-all rant about how certain members are ruining these boards?

SHILLS are pathetic......but let's not turn this thread into another flame war. flamed.gif

No, no, let the geeks and outcasts have their time to lament their lack of status here on the boards...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

Anyway, they're just upset because they aren't in on the jokes.

True or no?

Personally, I don't care about the number of useless posts. At least it's in the spirit of joking around, and for us night owls, there usually isn't much more going on here. What bothers me are the shills, and the lack of resect for other people. Lack of respect meaning uncalled for personal attacks and a lack of tolerance for other people's opinions.

I'm really Bugaboo!

You square!

Brilliant post..........thanks for the input.

They hate this kind of stuff. That, of course, is why it is both fun and educational for the rest of us.

Anyone still using the default background is hurting on multiple levels. The only people hurting any worse would be those typing in white text that think they are getting away with something. smirk.gif

True or no?

It turned into this the same way every other thread gets turned into a cluster , it's called high-jacking. makepoint.gif You of all people should understand that. confused-smiley-013.gif

These boards are what we make of them ....Andrew has voiced his opinion and thus has put shills on notice that mean spirited posts don't go unnoticed and that the majority of us are here for the love of the hobby...

Baggin' is fun when it is done in the proper context but mean spiritedness is uncalled for...

Thanks Andrew.. for hopefully clarifying the direction that these boards should, or moreso shouldn't, be taking...

I agree with you AK....but I don't agree with the attitude that others have voiced of "I don't like it here now cause it's changed"....

To quote Pogo..."We have seen the enemy....and it is us"....JMO... wink.gif

I agree. Like I said, I don't care about the bagging or grin.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gif, I just hate the juvenile, "tough guy" cheap shots and the way that intelligent conversations turn into flame wars just because of differing opinions. That's why I stay out of the Water Cooler for the most part. I love how most of the posters who flame and blatently insult others are mostly quite a bit older than me. The fact that they haven't got any control on their juvenile instincts and seem to lack the ability to have intelligent conversations without resorting to personal insults is pretty sad.

To the people that are complaining about the quaility of the posts, nothing stopping you from starting one up. Maybe some of you, and me included are depending too much on everyone else to keep this forum interestesting. frown.gif

To the people that are complaining about the quaility of the posts, nothing stopping you from starting one up. Maybe some of you, and me included are depending too much on everyone else to keep this forum interestesting. frown.gif

The problem seems to me to be with people depending to much on this board for a life. My idea of "interesting" isn't a 57 post thread with the first 6 posts being on topic, substantial and thoughtful with the last 51 posts consisting of two people posting smiles. But then maybe it's just me. The hard thing is knowing that the easy fix is just leave, but the quality of many posts is so high that I feel like I'd really be missing out on something not being here. I guess there's a price to be paid for anything that's good.

Any way, no big deal. When I think about it it's probably a good thing that the rejects are so vocal. If it wasn't for them I would just look worse on the occasions where I take a dip in the deep end.

I've just turned in another large project, so I'll do my part and write more Crisis again. I have a meeting this afternoon (something I wrote might be going on a DVD, and today's meeting is to convince the folks in charge that they should include it) but later tonight I'll try to get a new part done.

-- Joanna

I've just turned in another large project, so I'll do my part and write more Crisis again. I have a meeting this afternoon (something I wrote might be going on a DVD, and today's meeting is to convince the folks in charge that they should include it) but later tonight I'll try to get a new part done.

-- Joanna

That's a great idea! Can't go wrong with more Crisis! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

They hate this kind of stuff. That, of course, is why it is both fun and educational for the rest of us.

Anyone still using the default background is hurting on multiple levels. The only people hurting any worse would be those typing in white text that think they are getting away with something. smirk.gif

Thanks for over-explaining the joke, Old (& Obvious) Guy! thumbsup2.gif

Hard not to take the hook when they come along, eh? NOW STOP HIJACKING THIS THREAD AND GET IT BACK ON TOPIC!

I hate shills. sumo.gif

Time out for a second guys,..I've had the opportunity to sit back and just read posts today while I was in chat room jail.........it's time to do a reality check...... WE ARE GROWN MEN WHO READ COMIC BOOKS....... and while I don't see anything wrong with that, there are a lot of people outside our little universe who would think that we are all just a few fries short of a happy meal.......we were the guys in mathletes....av club.....marching band....chess club..... science camp.....etc...etc........in one shape or form we were some kind of geek (and I'm sure many of you will deny this , and thats Ok...sometimes the hardest thing to see is the man in the mirror) ....however like any minority,...and we are a miinority...we choose to discriminate among ourselves ...and some of us have decided that we are just a leeeeeetle bit superior to everyone else .......no one ,......and I mean no one on these boards has any right to judge anyone else for acting idiotic , immature or for not taking this hobby and forum as serious as they should......So PLEASE, can we just lighten up and relax a little,

J.D. has left the building..................................................

Time out for a second guys,..I've had the opportunity to sit back and just read posts today while I was in chat room jail.........it's time to do a reality check...... WE ARE GROWN MEN WHO READ COMIC BOOKS....... and while I don't see anything wrong with that, there are a lot of people outside our little universe who would think that we are all just a few fries short of a happy meal.......we were the guys in mathletes....av club.....marching band....chess club..... science camp.....etc...etc........in one shape or form we were some kind of geek (and I'm sure many of you will deny this , and thats Ok...sometimes the hardest thing to see is the man in the mirror) ....however like any minority,...and we are a miinority...we choose to discriminate among ourselves ...and some of us have decided that we are just a leeeeeetle bit superior to everyone else .......no one ,......and I mean no one on these boards has any right to judge anyone else for acting idiotic , immature or for not taking this hobby and forum as serious as they should......So PLEASE, can we just lighten up and relax a little,

J.D. has left the building..................................................

I was in the Homecoming Court my senior year! I was popular! I was popular, dammit!! :::curls into fetal position, sobs quietly::: I was popular... I was popular...