• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing-Man #22

11 posts in this topic

Never thought I would be able to find or afford a copy. Very beat but at least you can see Amazing-Man the the green Nazi gorilla's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350076196805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to restore it, not expecting a quote just a ball-park figure.

Thanks,

Bruce

Never thought I would be able to find or afford a copy. Very beat but at least you can see Amazing-Man the the green Nazi gorilla's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350076196805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to restore it, not expecting a quote just a ball-park figure.

Thanks,

Bruce

might be in bad shape, but a very tough book to acquire...and, what a bargain price!

unlikely you can restore, as you would litterally have to create the entire cover, and the pages are brittle, but for the money, well done!

If it is minor work to add a few small pieces to the cover, maybe a little re-inforcement at the spine some color touch and some tears seals...under $1000. If it is extensive and there is interior work involved (like building up several wraps) it can be $1000's.

I had a few estimates for books I wanted done. Both books where estimated at $4000 but they had damage to most or all interior pages.

R.

To be clear, the quote I got was for another book that was stiched right through the entire book. It was from a bound volume. Because the damage went through every wrap it would have required extensive work. When this book came up I asked how much for resto on it as well. The asnwer was "about the same" so it was not an exact quote. Also the number may have been closer to $3000-4000 but I am going from memory and wanted to err on the high side.

Also keep in mind that the first book I had quoted needed interior art work done on every wrap...this book has no art affected so it would likely be cheaper. Again it was a very rough quote over the internet from scans of the covers only.

R.

How much? I can't see Ebay.

$39.50+$17 shipping.

K-town Korea town?

Nope. I should change that. It's Kitchener, Ontario and that is a STEAL of a price.