• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic titles have returned the most money in the last 5 years?

26 posts in this topic

Amazing Spiderman

have to agree, and it has been pricey to keep plugging away at my run...

I have ten issues left and nine of those are early Ditkos, sometimes I feel that when

I finally make it to the finish line on this run I will be wearing a barrel.

:cry:

not disagreeing with anything here, but i do agree about the fawcett/captain marvels. i don't know how they stack up vs. primo timelys or any of that, but the fact is, 5-8 years ago you could pick these up, particularly in the lower/mid grades at a steep discount from OPG if you shopped around.

i'm assuming OPG has gone up on all of these books eery year in the last 5-8 and I haven't sold any of them for under OPG and some were above. most of these were beaters.

nothing amazing or anything.

I think the Captain Marvel books (whiz etc..) are gaining in popularity. I however cant speak as to how they were a few years back. But the next few years, I think this character, Black Terror, Green Lama, Fighting Yank, will pick up fast pace. The alex ross revival of these characters is spurring interest. And being as these books can be bought for less then the DC or Marvel/Timely characters , makes me believe that someone interested in these can obtain them for prices on par with SA ASM books. Which for a nice GA book is pretty cheap.

And Avengers are picking up jimbo ! One of my favorite SA titles ! But I think that this has only been the past year now, it is still early. I think the next year should show even greater demand for these books.

Pat-

Thanks for the input guys !

Amazing Spiderman

have to agree, and it has been pricey to keep plugging away at my run...

I have ten issues left and nine of those are early Ditkos, sometimes I feel that when

I finally make it to the finish line on this run I will be wearing a barrel.

:cry:

More like a scar from the kidney you sold.. I dont collect that series for a few reasons. This is one of them.

GA: Actions #20 down, Pre-Rob Tecs, Timelys (esp Caps, Cap related Titles, single digit MMs)

SA: AF 15, FF 1, ASM 1---any grade. These are THE 3 MEGA books to buy and sell all day long. You could maybe throw Hulk 1 in the group as well.

...add to that GA Classic Horror, Hitler/Satan and Hooker covers. :devil: (Not runs, but these issues can represent a significant share of the title's value)

Horror: Decent copies of Black Cat #50, Mr. Mystery #12, Weird Mysteries #5, etc. are bid very aggressively with realized values up significantly in the past few years.

Hitler/Satan: Great Comics #3, Mask #2, Catman #20 and Marvel Mystery #46 are "name-your-price" books in grade.

Hooker: Highest multiple to guide? Possibly Giant Comics Ed. #12 (even after Overstreet's 35% increase, this book still sells at 7-8x guide). Go figure.\

GE