• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman keys?

31 posts in this topic

59 is the first appearance of Deadshot (shrug)

BTW, where did you post the 100?

59 would be a minor key, IMHO (and I have a copy! :banana:)

I posted the 100 in the "Have a Cigar" thread where it was promptly ignored by everyone. Too busy smoking crack with their monkeys that day, I guess.

batman100.jpg

Yeah, that is a nice copy. Looks about a 6.0 or 6.5. It is a really tough issue to find in grade.

I posted the 100 in the "Have a Cigar" thread where it was promptly ignored by everyone. Too busy smoking crack with their monkeys that day, I guess.

batman100.jpg

Yeah, that is a nice copy. Looks about a 6.0 or 6.5. It is a really tough issue to find in grade.

It's actually a little nicer than that. The scan accentuates some minor defects and makes them look more pronounced than they are. The back cover is gorgeous.

Batman #100 and Superman #100 were the two hardest from me back when I used to be chasing some golden age. Detective #100, Action #100 and Wonder Woman #100 didn't give me the same hassle. It was that era when DC comics seemed to be printed on tissue paper and just fell apart, be even at this were just generally hard to find.

The Batman #100 was always my favorite 100th issue. And for some reason, #200 came closely behind that - I had to have about 20 of those. I always like books with the covers of earlier issues on the front.

batman100.jpg

It's a 7.0 according to the seller, who I hear is a reputable guy. ( :baiting: )

Actually, when I was negotiating with the wife to purchase this book, I said it's in high grade, priced at FMV, and from a seller I trust.

batman100.jpg

It's a 7.0 according to the seller, who I hear is a reputable guy. ( :baiting: )

Actually, when I was negotiating with the wife to purchase this book, I said it's in high grade, priced at FMV, and from a seller I trust.

:cloud9:

Moondog graded it the same way BTW. :)

16 is the first Alfred

24 first Professor Nichols time travel story

25 first super villain team up...Penguin/Joker

32 first detailed Robin origin

48 Secrets of the Batcave

....plus they're all cool.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In fact, there are five Batman "classic" covers: #3, #11, #17, #23 and #27 recognized by Overstreet. Curiously, CGC notes "Classic cover" only for #11 (always) and #17 (sometimes) on their labels.

For what it's worth, #20 (Batmobile), #47 (Origin) and #59 (Batman of the Future) are demanded by collectors as classics and minor keys. #16 (Alfred) is a minor key but its cover is far from a classic.

GE

I always thought 49 was a good key.

Joker cover combined with first Mad Hatter and Vicki Vale.

Any one of which is a true minor deal but all three together make it a key in my book. Plus there are quite a few copies in 6.0 or better.

Ed

I always thought 49 was a good key.

Joker cover combined with first Mad Hatter and Vicki Vale.

Any one of which is a true minor deal but all three together make it a key in my book. Plus there are quite a few copies in 6.0 or better.

Ed

One of the neatest covers....definitely a highlight of the first 100, and an easy resell if you find yourself in a jam. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u