• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOU can be a Mile High Grader!!!

44 posts in this topic

From today's missive:

JULY4TH Codeword Sale Ends Wednesday!

A very brief newsletter today, as I need to help unload our rail container full of 22,000 lbs. of comics from last week's Chicago convention. There's a big rush on at this point, as included with our 150,000+ comics are 6,000 trade paperbacks and hardbacks, all of which need to be sorted by tomorrow morning, and then integrated into our convention inventory for San Diego. Tomorrow is the deadline to place reorders with Diamond in time for delivery for the San Diego convention, so we need to know ASAP what books we were able to restock in Chicago, and which we need to quickly order from Diamond. It is going to be a very busy day...

As regards sales for today, it is pretty simple: our incredible 62.5%-77.5% off JULY4TH codeword will remain in effect for you through Wednesday morning, at noon Colorado time. That leaves you only about 30 hours in which to pull your order together in order to take advantage of our extremely generous Independence Day sale. As a reminder, all of the prices on our website are already at 50%-70% off. When you type the JULY4TH codeword into the special line provided for you on our online order form, our computer deducts an additional 25% from your entire order for back issues, excepting only Dallas Stephens issues, and new comics published within the past 60 days. All of our other back issue comics and magazines are included in the 25% additional discount provided by the JULY4TH codeword. As an aside, our 20%-40% off all new trade paperbacks and hardbacks sale will also be ending at noon on Wednesday, so there is a real incentive right now for you to check out the bargains on our website as quickly as possible.

My only other topic for today's newsletter is on the subject of hiring. We have added over a dozen new staff members here at Mile High Comics during the past 90 days, but our business is growing so rapidly right now that we're still in need of about eight more people to help us grade, bag, sort, and file back issue comics at our main warehouse. If you know of anyone who might be looking for work in the Denver area, have them come to 2151 W. 56th Ave, Denver between the hours of 9-5. The y will need to fill out an application, and then set up an interview with William Murakami, our Operations Vice President. We often hire immediately, so have them come on in and fill out an application!

That's it for today's newsletter. I just got the message that our huge rail container has arrived, so I need to scoot over to Fox St.

Happy collecting!

Chuck Rozanski,

President - Mile High Comics, Inc.

If you can stand vertically, and keep your eyes open momentarily, you qualify as a Mile High grader.

Still don't get it? Search "Chuck" & "Grading" and see what you come up with.

A quick history lesson will reveal the sad truth.

Rick

unload our rail container full of 22,000 lbs. of comics from last week's Chicago convention.

22,000 lbs is about 11 tons of comics, folks. Very impressive haul, I must say.

Is it about quality or quantity? 11 tons on 1990s comics isn't all that impressive.

unload our rail container full of 22,000 lbs. of comics from last week's Chicago convention.

Is it about quality or quantity? 11 tons on 1990s comics isn't all that impressive.

I was thinking about how Chuck handpicks all the stuff at the show himself, with maybe one other helper. That's a lot of rummaging.

22,000 lbs of krap (shrug)

Yep. :P

overgraded- yes. overpriced- yes. but krap? well, maybe yes as well

If you can stand vertically, and keep your eyes open momentarily, you qualify as a Mile High grader.

Still don't get it? Search "Chuck" & "Grading" and see what you come up with.

A quick history lesson will reveal the sad truth.

Rick

...or, alternatively, have the ability to throw a dart from a seated positon...

..at a board that's half NM-, half NM....

Don't you know it. Digging in those long boxes like gophers. Krap is being generous. Most of that stuff is just pure unadulterated sh*t. :P

I bet he uses that stuff as fertilizer for his weed. hm