• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Guitar Hero Tom Morello Battle

26 posts in this topic

Truly OT...

I don't play Guitar Hero, but I've found that Youtube is invaluable in terms of helping you master certain things...

Tom Morello Guitar Hero 3 Battle FULL

Hope it helps...

*The comments frequently tell you how to master the level* :gossip:

Hey, I play a lot of guitar hero. I've never played it on medium, but i would assume its the same general strategy as on expert or any other difficulty. You just need to use the attacks when your opponent has a passage with lots of notes. The more notes they miss, the faster their meter drops. If you don't miss any of the power ups and do that on all of them, you should win within a few tries. Still, luck can make it easier to win because some attacks are more effective than others. The whammy bar one is probably the best one to get because they can't hit any notes when you use it. In the Lou battle on expert, if you get the whammy bar attack on the first chance you can kill him with it right away since he has a passage with lots of fast notes right after you get it and he'll miss them all. You should be able to win before getting to the "death drain". Keep practicing, get up to expert level, and then we can play together online (thumbs u

Also...something that seems to make it easier for people moving from medium to hard or expert to deal with the addition of the orange note:

Even though you're used to keeping your 4 fingers on the lower 4 buttons, put them on the upper 4 and move your index finger down for green instead of moving your pinky up for orange. It'll suck for awhile, but once it starts to click, you'll be really glad you did.

Also...something that seems to make it easier for people moving from medium to hard or expert to deal with the addition of the orange note:

Even though you're used to keeping your 4 fingers on the lower 4 buttons, put them on the upper 4 and move your index finger down for green instead of moving your pinky up for orange. It'll suck for awhile, but once it starts to click, you'll be really glad you did.

I've been working on making the transition from medium to hard/expert. This advice helps! (thumbs u

Here you go, just for your watching pleasure. This is "The Fire and the Flames," the hardest song on Guitar Hero, on "Expert" level. I love this video for several reasons, not the least of which is I can very easily see that I would have flunked out of undergrad had Guitar Hero been around.

I've beaten Slash on Hard.

Here's how to beat lowly Tom M:

You need to hit a series of notes to get the 'special' thing to throw at him. Once you get the 'special' thing to throw at him, wait until it's his turn to play, don't throw it once you get it - it's wasted it you throw it when he's not playing.

Here you go, just for your watching pleasure. This is "The Fire and the Flames," the hardest song on Guitar Hero, on "Expert" level. I love this video for several reasons, not the least of which is I can very easily see that I would have flunked out of undergrad had Guitar Hero been around.

forgive my bragging, but I get about 200k more than that :acclaim:

he wouldn't have missed all those notes at the beginning if he used both hands on the buttons and strummed with his elbow :gossip:

he wouldn't have missed all those notes at the beginning if he used both hands on the buttons and strummed with his elbow :gossip:

Holy *#&$!!! Very impressive. I have not even tried anything past medium yet. Fortunately, I have graduated college, and have a good career and family, so I won't have the time to spend on my son's Wii (he's only 9, so I can take him on GH III!) I wonder what would happen to these expert players if they actually spent time practicing a real guitar? Krazy_kenny1- do you play guitar? You must have a lot of musical ability to play GH at that level. How many hours a week do you play Guitar Hero?

Holy *#&$!!! Very impressive. I have not even tried anything past medium yet. Fortunately, I have graduated college, and have a good career and family, so I won't have the time to spend on my son's Wii (he's only 9, so I can take him on GH III!) I wonder what would happen to these expert players if they actually spent time practicing a real guitar? Krazy_kenny1- do you play guitar? You must have a lot of musical ability to play GH at that level. How many hours a week do you play Guitar Hero?

I don't play guitar, but I played trombone for several years, so I do have some musical background. I used to play guitar hero a lot more than I do now, but I can still play that song. In my opinion, Jordan on guitar hero 2 is harder. I used to go to school with someone that's a sponsored competitive guitar hero player and she could kick my all day long.

I have not even tried anything past medium yet.

There's some 'easy' songs on Expert. What version are you playing?

Mississippi Queen is one of the easiest songs on expert...the biggest hurdle for people switching to hard and expert though is the orange note.

I have not even tried anything past medium yet.

There's some 'easy' songs on Expert. What version are you playing?

Mississippi Queen is one of the easiest songs on expert...the biggest hurdle for people switching to hard and expert though is the orange note.

Very True. Mississippi Queen is a short song to get thru.

i think black sunshine is the easiest on expert.

on hard i think it is suck my kiss and bull on parade.

to beat a boss i just accumulte the max power ups available and when it's the boss' turn i use one after another. he usually goes down immediately.

the two best things about guitar hero are that you can delete all the lame songs and make your own, and after playing for a bit, when you turn away from the tv, everything seems to float up as your eyes adjust haha

I personally can't stand Guitar Hero. I grew a hate on for that game as soon as it was introduced. It was during a con and it was so noisy nobody could hear anything else.

I'll say it again. I hate Guitar Hero.

:acclaim:

OT, maybe CGC can start a Video Game forum on here. Then maybe CGC will start grading video games.

:wishluck:

Ok, rant done.

:sumo:

I personally can't stand Guitar Hero. I grew a hate on for that game as soon as it was introduced. It was during a con and it was so noisy nobody could hear anything else.

OT, maybe CGC can start a Video Game forum on here. Then maybe CGC will start grading video games.

Ok, rant done.

Stick to Lock n' Chase on your Intellivision, papaw. :baiting:

Ok, rant done.

I hate most video games. And read haired fan boys.

Ok, rant done.

I hate most video games. And read haired fan boys.

How do you read fanboys? Braille? Ewww, gross.