• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con

96 posts in this topic

link below --

Mid Ohio Con

Featured Guests

Jason Mewes

Alan Davis

Joe Kubert

Ayers

Art Baltazar

Chris Eliopoulos

Mark Evanier

Gary Friedrich

Mike Grell

Tony Isabella

David Mack

Bob McLeod

Steve Rude

P. Craig Russell

Roger Stern

Marc Sumerak

Arthur Suydam

Ethan Van Sciver

Len Wein

Marv Wolfman

Bernie Wrightson

Mid-Ohio will be a must for me this year with that awesome guest list. I've never met Joe Kubert before so this will be a dream come true for me. It's always a pleasure to see a living legend like Richard Ayers too. (Stupid vulgarity checker!) Lots of my favorite Bronze Age creators there as well.

I went to the Mid-Ohio-Con for the first time last year and had a blast. Lots of great guests and dealers but not too crowded and none of the lines were terribly long. I was worried after I heard that the Mid-Ohio-Con had changed hands, but it looks like Roger Price is still involved in some capacity, and it appears that it's going to be handled well.

I'm thinking of going....

Unfortunately, when you enter Ohio, the sign says long haired freaky people need not apply . :grin:

So I took out a pen and paper and I made up my own new sign...

...and I said thank you Lord, for thinking of me...I'm alive and doing fine!

:applause:

Unfortunately, when you enter Ohio, the sign says long haired freaky people need not apply . :grin:

I knew you'd get that, wild man. Mid-Ohio is shaping up to be amazing this year! P. Craig Russell and Alan Davis alone will be worth the price of admission. Killraven Secret Invasion cover anyone?

I knew you'd get that, wild man. Mid-Ohio is shaping up to be amazing this year! P. Craig Russell and Alan Davis alone will be worth the price of admission. Killraven Secret Invasion cover anyone?

I've been wanting to go for 2 years now but the long drive makes it prohibitive. it's about 8 hours or so.

We'll see.

R.

I'll be there. Missed last year due to a funeral, looking forward to this one a great deal.

Mid Ohio is just the right size, you can see eveything, talk to everyone, and bargainhunt efficiently, and if they picked a good hotel/convention center you can knock back a couple midday beers and not miss a beat!

I will be returning for my 14th straight year. I for one did not mind the Thanksgiving weekend, but I plan to be available for this early October weekend. In fact, I'm on the verge of making a purchase which will essentially triple my inventory, and anyone who's dealt with me know that I have a lot of late golden age and silver and bronze as things stand now.

I question to any other retailers. I mailed my application with payment in late May, and have heard nothing regarding this. In checking with my bank, there's been no payment made on this check. I'm not able to get a response from the GCX people as of yet.

Mark

Mark's Vintage Collectables

I will be returning for my 14th straight year. I for one did not mind the Thanksgiving weekend, but I plan to be available for this early October weekend. In fact, I'm on the verge of making a purchase which will essentially triple my inventory, and anyone who's dealt with me know that I have a lot of late golden age and silver and bronze as things stand now.

I question to any other retailers. I mailed my application with payment in late May, and have heard nothing regarding this. In checking with my bank, there's been no payment made on this check. I'm not able to get a response from the GCX people as of yet.

Mark

Mark's Vintage Collectables

I managed to talk to a live person last week and they still had some booths left -- and on Monday i sent payment for a booth -- methinks i`ll try to give them a call this coming Monday and check on things --Mike

I got a call from James Henry today, following my message on his voice mail and email inquiries. He was not in his office and will return this weekend. By then, he'll be able to confirm my application. He did say that they will wait until mid August before cashing checks.