• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con

96 posts in this topic

I am really looking forward to this con, especially because of Joe Kubert, whom I have never met before.

Unfortunately the guest list seems to be shrinking. The following names have disappeared recently:

D i c k Ayers

Gary Friedrich

Steve Rude

Marv Wolfman

Bernie Wrightson

I'll be helping Andrew (Buck Biggins) at his Trading Pin booth, can't wait !

here's a list of those who have said they will be there, anyone else ?

thedude

Buck Biggins

marksvint

Hot Flips

Dale Roberts

Big Mike

Mutant Mantee

Pirate

seanfingh

cgcworld

carcrawfordfan

moonlite

catrick339

shield

derbyfan70

Take me off the list, can't get up there even though the wife and boy will be in cinci all week and headed to the LA Galaxy vs Columbus Crew Soccer game on that Saturday nite (oh yeah, traffic will be bad). Everyone is going to see Beckham play and Donovan is one of my boys favs. I get to stay home and do the LCS and marching band parent thing.

Take me off the list, can't get up there even though the wife and boy will be in cinci all week and headed to the LA Galaxy vs Columbus Crew Soccer game on that Saturday nite (oh yeah, traffic will be bad). Everyone is going to see Beckham play and Donovan is one of my boys favs. I get to stay home and do the LCS and marching band parent thing.

:(

are you setting up Mike?

yes , booth # 323 I believe -- 1`st time doing mid-ohio since probably `95 or so -- i`m looking forward to next weekend -- its been a slow year for me with the new baby and all -- this will be like my own mini-vacation .. I`ve been pricing books like crazy for a few weeks now and everything is just about ready-- just need to work on rigging for my banner I just bought .. I just dread the drive ( 6 1/2 hours approx.).. I`m bringing my friend Ed along so if any board members have any very reasonably priced disney that will be his main item he`s looking for -- so how many SS submissions have you gotten so far for the show ? --

Mike, what sort of comics are you planning on bringing/showcasing? Ill write you booth number down and try to donate to the cause (6 hour drive, sheeshh) Good luck and hope it's a good turnout.....I got some good deals last year and my son (12 at the time) had a blast with all the Star Wars guys walking around....

are you setting up Mike?

yes , booth # 323 I believe -- 1`st time doing mid-ohio since probably `95 or so -- i`m looking forward to next weekend -- its been a slow year for me with the new baby and all -- this will be like my own mini-vacation .. I`ve been pricing books like crazy for a few weeks now and everything is just about ready-- just need to work on rigging for my banner I just bought .. I just dread the drive ( 6 1/2 hours approx.).. I`m bringing my friend Ed along so if any board members have any very reasonably priced disney that will be his main item he`s looking for -- so how many SS submissions have you gotten so far for the show ? --

not many, wasn't really pushing it as I just want to relax and hang out and enjoy a con for once.

are you setting up Mike?

not many, wasn't really pushing it as I just want to relax and hang out and enjoy a con for once.

Don't be so sure, player.

i`ll have 3 long boxes of bronze age 1`st issues , several boxes silver and bronze books inc. high grade runs of the Batman , Detective and Brave and Bold 100 pagers and others just picked up -- bunch of vf/nm - nm disney 4-colors ... about 275 matted autographs from movie and TV and probably anything else i can fit in the explorer -- and i`m always willing to deal (thumbs u -- Mike

Mike,

I remember you from a small Lexington, KY show a couple of years ago in which I bought a box or two from you, and I've done some eBay purchases from you.

I do have some Disney's- about 100-200 of them, maybe more, mostly Ducks, Mickey's, etc. from the 1950s through the 1970s. I have some of the 1970s in a half off box, and also have some lower grade stuff in my $2 and $1 boxes.

My booth is #422.

BTW, do any dealers know the exact hours on Friday in which the hall will be opened for dealers? Haven't received the info yet; James Henry mentioned he's mailing them early early in the week, but if it's by snail mail, it might arrive after I leave. We're in Hall E I believe, which is different from last year. I think the loading dock is on the street level north of the hall.

Hey guys.....our show exclusives arrived today.

My wife did the best she could on our scanner so I could see them at work. She knew I was looking forward to their arrival. From the scanner image I can tell these will be awesome. I'll try and take a better picture tonight. The scanner takes away the luster and 3D effect of the Pin on Pin.

Casper is limited to 200 and I will only have around 70 of the 200 Black Terror exclusives. The remaining are included in the VIP package. So if you want one of those stop by early!

Both are show exclusives. Casper is the 1st release in a series of trading pins featuring a show's logo incorporated into a classic rocket cover from Harvey Publications. The Black Terror image was recreated by our very own Shiverbones. Inspiration came from the cover of Black Terror #10 and is the 4th realease in our Goldenage series of Trading Pins.

All pins are squentially numbered on the back and contain our custom back stamp.

untitled.jpg

I recieved an e-mail reply from James yesterday and he said the set-up begins at 1:00 on Friday but he didnt mention until ? ... I`m just going to make Friday a long day and drive up that morning -- Mike

Isn't there a preview night?