• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1 Splash Versus X-Men 1 Splash ! Kirby rules!!!

58 posts in this topic

Wait a minute, is this the same guy that owned the complete X-Men 1 book?

He has just put his DD 4 splash up, what next? X-Men 1 splash?

Clem

Heres the DD page DD #4 Page

I simply can't believe that after just acquiring these fantastic pages he's looking to sell - on ebay no less!!

Well, if his ebay habits are like last time. These pages will never hit reserve in our life time.

Clem

That likely means that he sold it off eBay...

Sold to you David? (;-)

Has anyone check out the various blogs implying that the Avengers 1 splash is fake?

Check this blog http://fakestanlee.blogspot.com/

These kind of rumours could knock a couple of K of a page like this. If i was the owner I would be livid.

Clem

That likely means that he sold it off eBay...

Sold to you David? (;-)

Has anyone check out the various blogs implying that the Avengers 1 splash is fake?

Check this blog http://fakestanlee.blogspot.com/

These kind of rumours could knock a couple of K of a page like this. If i was the owner I would be livid.

Clem

No, not to me.

But I disagree on the blog chatter having any effect on anything. Anyone seriously interested in that splash wouldn't pay any attention to that nonsense. It's the real deal -- end of story.

One other thing, if the seller of the Avengers 1 last page, had spent the extra few cents needed to have supersize. It would have been great to have gotten a good look at that page.

I'm surprised the seller didn't wait til the Avengers movie to part with this.

This tends to come up around the time of movies and TV shows premiering.

I am not sure how much a movie would effect something that is at this price level.

I can see it making $100-1000 pages more liquid, but most of the folks willing the shell out $50k for a splash page aren't going to be doing it because of a film I would guess.

Hard to say. Movie hype has had very mixed results in my experience.

C

Wait a minute, is this the same guy that owned the complete X-Men 1 book?

He has just put his DD 4 splash up, what next? X-Men 1 splash?

Clem

Heres the DD page DD #4 Page

I simply can't believe that after just acquiring these fantastic pages he's looking to sell - on ebay no less!!

Perhaps he had no intention to sell and just used it to advertise for his other auctions.

Everyone knows the story about the Avengers page being stolen, correct?

It was stolen from Danzig at the airport on his way to deliver it to Heritage, correct?

Litigation is underway right?

Can someone give us the full story here?

The way it went down is that the piece was recovered, the garage sale story was B.S., the thieves were apprehended and charged, the piece went on to Heritage, Heritage found a buyer. The buyer is now looking to sell.

Robert

The way it went down is that the piece was recovered, the garage sale story was B.S., the thieves were apprehended and charged, the piece went on to Heritage, Heritage found a buyer. The buyer is now looking to sell.

Robert

That's simply not accurate.

Robert

Yes, I recall the garage sale story thing now.

What isn't accurate?

Robert

Then what is the story?

The question isn't what's the story - the question is why come on here and write something that isn't true?

Because maybe the poster thought they had the correct story? What is the real story anyway?

-Bob

I don't feel that it's my place to share that information in a public forum. I would recommend that anyone who is interested in the real story to contact the seller and ask him.

Fair enough (thumbs u

It is tricky to sort out what's the truth on these internets :eek:

-Bob