• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

list of 50 greatest comic characters --

63 posts in this topic

I won't spoil it but seriously....#3 is ?????

That's hilarious. lol

The writer is obviously a Brit who's enamored of the entire Vertigo line, with special emphasis on UK writers. Not to mention a comic history lifespan that dates back to 1991.

They are whacked.

:screwy:

Constatine , Dream , and Judge Dread , .....in the top 10 ????? I don't even know who they are !! ...The Thing doesn't even belong in the top 10 !

....I don't want to even look further ......maybe tonight w/ a cocktail ...... :whistle:

Seriously whacked !!

That's hilarious. lol

What's hilarious? :sumo:

Your taste in comics.

lol

That's hilarious. lol

What's hilarious? :sumo:

Your taste in comics.

lol

:mad:

Never thought I'd see JC voted 'greater' than Spiderman!

It's got to be an editorial mistake.

:baiting:

One great pick is Rorschach at 16, which 75% of voters think should be higher.

That's one thing that worries me about the Watchmen movie - the writers didn't seem to grasp the character's importance to the story and have written him totally different.

One great pick is Rorschach at 16, which 75% of voters think should be higher.

That's one thing that worries me about the Watchmen movie - the writers didn't seem to grasp the character's importance to the story and have written him totally different.

Have they? :o

This is extremely distressing news...

Halo Jones at 18, several places ahead of Wonder Woman. lol

And Spider Jerusalem at 12, ahead of 99% of the DC and Marvel heavy-hitters. This is like comedy at its worst.

After #5 I didn't look at the rest of the lit.

:roflmao:

Boy that is one credible mag.

:roflmao:

And Spider Jerusalem at 12, ahead of 99% of the DC and Marvel heavy-hitters. This is like comedy at its worst.

The choice of Halo Jones anywhere in the top 50 is beyond lazy journalism and Britcentricity - the character may have been an atypical female creation, but that's about it.

But then never expect much from film mags when it comes to judging comic characters.

Halo Jones! Now there's a great blast from the past. I think this is a superior list (thumbs u

Seriously, in terms of the British market, who cares about Wonder Woman? Apart from a vague memory of the TV show, she might as well not exist. Something most Americans may not realise is that outside of comic collecting circles, the average Brit knows of Superman, Batman and Spiderman and that's IT. Old TV shows (WW, Hulk) and recent movies (X-Men, FF) increased awareness of some more US comic characters, but not to actually read.

When I was a teen, I was the only kid I knew who'd even heard of the X-Men. Judge Dredd on the other hand was an icon to all.