• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PRIMETIME & PARKER Swap Meet

74 posts in this topic

Parker broke up his Marvel Mystery run?!? :o

Next thing you know, he'll be trading me a Jumbo 10. :baiting:

Seriously, looks like an excellent deal for both parties. I've just completed swaps with Socratic Wonder and 143ksk, and they both turned out great.

Well done, lads...

Parker broke up his Marvel Mystery run?!? :o

Next thing you know, he'll be trading me a Jumbo 10. :baiting:

Seriously, looks like an excellent deal for both parties. I've just completed swaps with Socratic Wonder and 143ksk, and they both turned out great.

Well done, lads...

for the second time since october! filled the first hole relatively quickly; we'll see this time.

I would take the MMC #9 as it is scarcer than the Detect #33.

I am not sure if that is an entirely accurate statement. But I do agree that that is the perception.

As a Timely guy, I love Marvel 9. But Detective 33 is the Origin of Batman. The first time we see young Bruce Wayne's parents shot. The first time we see the bat that inspires Bruce to strike terror into the hearts of criminals, that cowardly lot. The creation of the weird figure of the dark, the avenger of evil, The Batman. It just doesn't get much cooler than that.

it was one of those i'm happy/i'm sad deals if ever there was one. here's my half of it. the crown jewel in my d.c. run, to be sure, and thanks to Ben for making it happen. now, who's looking to sell me a kinfolk-deal mm 9 to get that big run back in one piece?

BIGTec33CGC4.jpg

Marvel 9 is a heck of a book. But, HOLY !!! THAT IS ONE INCREDIBLE BOOK PARKER!!!!

I will be jealous for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

I would take the MMC #9 as it is scarcer than the Detect #33.

I am not sure if that is an entirely accurate statement. But I do agree that that is the perception.

As a Timely guy, I love Marvel 9. But Detective 33 is the Origin of Batman. The first time we see young Bruce Wayne's parents shot. The first time we see the bat that inspires Bruce to strike terror into the hearts of criminals, that cowardly lot. The creation of the weird figure of the dark, the avenger of evil, The Batman. It just doesn't get much cooler than that.

Excellent point

Tough call. I'd rather have a MM 9 than a Tec 33. But in this case I might go with the Tec 33 because its higher grade.

this short but sweet post sums up my own feelings on the matter, even if i did struggle for days before deciding.

Tough call. I'd rather have a MM 9 than a Tec 33. But in this case I might go with the Tec 33 because its higher grade.

this short but sweet post sums up my own feelings on the matter, even if i did struggle for days before deciding.

You weren't alone :foryou: But I got over it fast :)

Great trade guys!! Really tough call on which book is "cooler", but since they are both blue labels, and incredible books in their own right, i'd say you both won!!

(that TEC 33 is an AMAZING book... but the MMC 9 speaks for itself... I'd say its neck and neck!)

Wow, two great books, guys, congrats...I don't know which one I'd have taken...ummm...

scratch that, Batman is just sexier than Namor, sorry;)

Skypinkblu, I can't believe you are passing on a ripped dude in speedo shorts for a guy with horns :grin:

Great trade guys!! Really tough call on which book is "cooler", but since they are both blue labels, and incredible books in their own right, i'd say you both won!!

(that TEC 33 is an AMAZING book... but the MMC 9 speaks for itself... I'd say its neck and neck!)

Thanks Ryan! It was WIN-WIN, like it should be :banana:

Wow, two great books, guys, congrats...I don't know which one I'd have taken...ummm...

Skypinkblu, I can't believe you are passing on a ripped dude in speedo shorts for a guy with horns :grin:

Bruce/Batman, is rich, tall dark, handsome, mysterious (eventually) Namor is kind of wet;)

Not that there is anything wrong with that;)

Bruce/Batman, is rich, tall dark, handsome, mysterious (eventually) Namor is kind of wet;)

Not that there is anything wrong with that;)

I'm at a loss there. Good points! (thumbs u

So if MMC#4 is a "mega key" then what is MMC#9? (shrug)