• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Did this drawing last night and would LOVE your feedback. Like it? Dislike? Please let me know.

Vampire.jpg

She definately needs VISINE !!

It's a solid drawing. What is it for? Is it a portrait that has been horrorified? Is it a generic vampire? Is it an illustration? Is it to go on a wall? The construction is fine and imagery is sound. The technique is good too though Alphonse Mucha might have done it with more pizzazz.

It's a solid drawing. What is it for? Is it a portrait that has been horrorified? Is it a generic vampire? Is it an illustration? Is it to go on a wall? The construction is fine and imagery is sound. The technique is good too though Alphonse Mucha might have done it with more pizzazz.

Thanks Ron! I have started a new sketchbook that I use just for facial drawings. Some are more realistic, some are cartoony. I started in on this one not really knowing where it was going to go. I was watching True Blood while I was working on this so I figured I would make it a Vampire, then I figured I would go the bloody tears route. Then I wanted to fill the whole page somehow, so I figured I would go crazy with the hair.

And yes, Alphonse Mucha would have done it with more Pizzaz. One day hopefully I can produce something special.

Just finished another drawing. I tried to play around with a extreme foreshortened perspective. Let me know what you all think! And thank you all for your advice and comments. (thumbs u

ForeshortenedGirl.jpg

Very nice.

The thumb's a bit wonky, but you'll have that. (Having drawn a few wonky thumbs in my time, that's just how it goes. It's an odd structure compared to the rest of the hand.)

If you haven't seen it already, you might want to check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Artist-Jeno-Barcsay/dp/1586631748/ref=sr_1_1/175-1672862-5533949?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282518652&sr=8-1

Barcsay's drawings are amazing and he does go into volume and foreshortening. It's a great book.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will check it out.

Yea my hands suck. I really need to put in the time to get better at them.

Nah man, everyone's hands suck. It's a tough structure to consistently portray realistically unless you're drawing from life or tracing a photograph.

Great stuff. Keep bringin' the drawings man.

On way of drawing fingers, is to draw lots of them.

This a detail of an unpublished work, albeit it is unfinished, there was going to be a critter in the jar.

greenman.jpg

That is sweet,the glow adds a bit of mystery too it.Good call in leaving out the critter. :applause: