• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I was digging through some old portfolio stuff tonight and found my first published piece of comic book art back in 1996 lol

JBEAM_VORTECH.jpg

It was a pinup that appeared in Vortech the Wonder Mule (back when anthropomorphic books were hot) - the girl was one of the major characters in the book, can't remember her name, though. The book was created by Mike Halblieb who was an inker for Marvel for quite a few years back in the day.

:applause:

Thats VERY COOL !! And very good.

vortechwondermule.jpg

Thanks! I was always proud of that, even if it ended up in a not-well-known indy book. I was going to go to my LCS to see if there were any old issues - good to see MCS has them, too. I need to pick one up!

:applause:

Thats VERY COOL !! And very good.

vortechwondermule.jpg

Thanks! I was always proud of that, even if it ended up in a not-well-known indy book. I was going to go to my LCS to see if there were any old issues - good to see MCS has them, too. I need to pick one up!

Back in the early to mid 90's I did a cartoon for a monthly furniture industry paper..... for which they paid me $75 per. Not enough to live off, but it paid for my art supplies :applause:

IMG_0001copy-1.jpg

Here is a progress pic of my ASM #33 Cover OA recreation after Ditko! I'd be finished if not for the carpet cleaning company on the 2nd floor making it nearly impossible to concentrate.

The blue lines are of my pencils (scanned and changed to blue line in photoshop) that have been printed onto a blank 11x17 comic page. Not looking forward to the logo.

th_FE652956-332D-48B2-A3DA-EA0CC78BEE05-38141-000009FDF5A455A7.jpg

th_8B1262EB-2B4E-42D5-8BBB-8363FA3A945B-38141-000009FDD1AA0FD9.jpg

th_4B160AC6-258F-41FF-B6BB-10380C66654A-38428-00000A0DB7172580.jpg

Edited by Mangbus

Looking awesome! :applause:

+1

I saw some paper at the art store today called, comic book pages. They were bristol board paper all lined out in blue boarders etc. Looked pretty cool for anyone who wanted to follow the industry standards. I've been working on 14 x 17 myself (thumbs u

Looking awesome! :applause:

+1

I saw some paper at the art store today called, comic book pages. They were bristol board paper all lined out in blue boarders etc. Looked pretty cool for anyone who wanted to follow the industry standards. I've been working on 14 x 17 myself (thumbs u

This is what I used to pencil on and then I used it again to print the converted pencils onto.

I like it so far.

I will be printing the finished inks onto a regular 300 series bristol for final coloring.

This might seem like an odd question, but do you guys have a favorite eraser ?? I'm stuck on this one from Generals :insane:

002.jpg

Edited by Senormac

I'm a grey kneaded eraser kinda guy, myself.

The smooshy ones that are kinda like play dough or silly putty ?? I never tried em before.... I like the solid feel of Generals I guess hm

The smooshy ones that are kinda like play dough or silly putty ?? I never tried em before.... I like the solid feel of Generals I guess hm

I use the kneaded as well. That specific generals eraser you have, is something I will use from time to time but I always go back over it w/ the kneaded.

Edited by Mangbus

I use the kneaded as well. That specific generals eraser you have, is something I will use from time to time but I always go back over it w/ the kneaded.

+1

Edited by Sulphur Server

Anyone use Touch markers from ShinHan art? They seem to be competition for Copic. They are a bit cheaper and recently added replaceable ink and nibs. A local art shop just got them in and I'm going to try to test drive a set (fingers crossed) so that I can make a better informed decision.