• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

All done :)

My degenerative arthritis makes inking the numbers and smaller letters a real pain (literally).

Now I need to finish the DD recreation, but 1 day off per week isn't helping.

011_zps8b73cd19.jpg

010_zps5805e70a.jpg

That is awesome.

Can I ask what materials you used?

I finished this Planet Comics recreation the other week using copics & faber-castell, but I am unhappy with the blacks of the copics as they tend to go shiny. On the other hand the faber-castell show up the line overrun which I hate.

So is it materials or my technique lol It was done on bristol smooth paper.

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

This is my first commission. It's one thing to paint for your own pleasure, but it's a little nerve wracking when someone is paying you.

In the end, though, I'm pleased with the results. All told, it was about 7 hours of work spread out over 8 days.

It's oil on canvas, 12" x 16".

bobfitzgerald_day4a_zps71a772a2.jpg

Wow, that is excellent!

I have a friend who is a working artist, and he will do commissioned portraits now and then. Apparently, there is also a healthy market for portraits of our canine and feline companions. Best to work from photographs, though, because they are not very good subjects for a sit-down. ;)

Edited by All Be D'Oh!

That is awesome.

I finished this Planet Comics recreation the other week using copics & faber-castell, but I am unhappy with the blacks of the copics as they tend to go shiny. On the other hand the faber-castell show up the line overrun which I hate.

I use 11x17 comic boards (this one is turned over with the blue lines on the other side) with Faber-Castell Pitt pens and brush pens, with some old fashion brush and India ink here and there (I'm trying to go all brush, but that's gonna take some more practice).

GREAT PC #33! :applause: I'm trying to decide what precode horror cover I want to try.

Edited by Sulphur Server

My degenerative arthritis makes inking the numbers and smaller letters a real pain (literally).

011_zps8b73cd19.jpg

010_zps5805e70a.jpg

That is awesome.

PlanetComicsInked.jpg

(worship)

WOW, your drawing of Planet 33 is just beautiful. Do you have any other Planet cover recreations to show ?

011_zps8b73cd19.jpg

010_zps5805e70a.jpg

:applause:

This came out looking great!

+1

Great job with the lettering and line weights!!!

Green Lantern

Sorry for the bad photo, I like to draw on 14x17 paper and I don't have a scanner big enough.

10581_481157878588430_1924248038_n.jpg

Very cool looking GL!

Actually all these on the past few pages look awesome... I need to go through this thread more often.

(worship)

WOW, your drawing of Planet 33 is just beautiful. Do you have any other Planet cover recreations to show ?

Thanks, this is the other one I had done.

Its not as good as the other one but I learn with each recreation, techniques, materials so hopefully each one I do looks better and I would love to get to the level of that FF that was posted.

PlanetComics.jpg

Edited by Bane

Did this for a local store.

73743_481997068504511_1437634817_n.jpg

nice work, i'm going to assume you did the scales big so that you didn't have to do so many

Pretty much. It seems artist who draw the character either draw evey scale or the scales in patches so I went with all of them but a bigger design. If I could redo this, i'd probably do it differently.

(worship)

Thanks, this is the other one I had done.

Its not as good as the other one but I learn with each recreation, techniques, materials so hopefully each one I do looks better and I would love to get to the level of that FF that was posted.

PlanetComics.jpg

Coolness :applause:

Did this for a local store.

73743_481997068504511_1437634817_n.jpg

nice work, i'm going to assume you did the scales big so that you didn't have to do so many

Pretty much. It seems artist who draw the character either draw evey scale or the scales in patches so I went with all of them but a bigger design. If I could redo this, i'd probably do it differently.

Aquaman would kick Namors butt :grin:

Green Lantern

Sorry for the bad photo, I like to draw on 14x17 paper and I don't have a scanner big enough.

10581_481157878588430_1924248038_n.jpg

Very cool looking GL!

Actually all these on the past few pages look awesome... I need to go through this thread more often.

No kidding.I'm so impressed with the level of talent here. (worship)