• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

First off, I want to let everyone know that I've read through the entire thread and admire everyone's work!

One of the reasons I joined the boards was as a way to learn more about comics & their history because I teach art and I think that it would be well received amongst the junior high set.

I want Mrs. Winter to be remembered as the coolest art teacher ever. :)

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is because I was commissioned to draw Storm. I have a fine arts background, done a little illustration, but have never attempted comics/heroes, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a quick sketch I started last night...

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Personally, I don't feel like she's dynamic enough...

You can be brutal. I can take it.

i don't feel the pose you did is wrong in any sense, they dont always have to be flying through the air shooting lightening out of their breasts, get some bright paint on it....like this

grenarrow_yearone1.jpg?w=640

to make it pop, that artist is named Jock

First off, I want to let everyone know that I've read through the entire thread and admire everyone's work!

One of the reasons I joined the boards was as a way to learn more about comics & their history because I teach art and I think that it would be well received amongst the junior high set.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is because I was commissioned to draw Storm. I have a fine arts background, done a little illustration, but have never attempted comics/heroes, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

I love it. I see where you may say it is lacking the dynamic feature, because superheroes tend to have those action poses, but Storm, to me, is an elegant and graceful character. She doesn't always need to be in a high action pose to get a sense of her movement.

I just picked up some board to do some drawing. I'm looking to do a picture of my cattle dog and my brother's two huskies in We3 armor.

Question. . . what do you recommend for inks if I want to end up doing some color on it?

I just picked up some board to do some drawing. I'm looking to do a picture of my cattle dog and my brother's two huskies in We3 armor.

Question. . . what do you recommend for inks if I want to end up doing some color on it?

If anyone can answer. Sarfa who has been doing sketches in the modern sections art contests with me recommended the comic multiliners sp. Be sure to check ebay for those because they are cheaper than stores.

The cool thing is that you can add new nibs to them and add in new ink (whatever that thing inside of a pen is called).

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Awesome job, Mrs. Winter :applause:

I agree a weathered background will maker her pop out (thumbs u

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Awesome job, Mrs. Winter :applause:

I agree a weathered background will maker her pop out (thumbs u

I like it (thumbs u

If you finish it..... awesome ! But its already excellent right now :applause:

IMG_1744_zpsc8a52e94.jpg

Remember that Storm's powers are linked to her emotions, so having her in a calm pose seems to fit the character better. Very cool.

If anyone can answer. Sarfa who has been doing sketches in the modern sections art contests with me recommended the comic multiliners sp. Be sure to check ebay for those because they are cheaper than stores.

The cool thing is that you can add new nibs to them and add in new ink (whatever that thing inside of a pen is called).

I looked through the thread and saw Faber Castells being used, as well. I was at the art shop where I get my acrylic paints this morning (they are cheaper than most to begin with, and then have so much stuff on sale). Picked up some Bristol Board, so I feel confident with the two sets that I looked at this morning being the two that have been mentioned in the last couple of pages of the thread.

These are on A4 (close to US letter sized) panels. I would like to do larger, but I don't have enough time to spare for a single painting. These go on ebay later if anyone wants them.

And thanks! I'm happy with the progress I made since I started painting last March.

Mio, lovely work. I haven't done figure drawing since school. I am always tempted to go back to campus, as they offered a free figure study program on Friday mornings.

I was always awful with oils though.

I'll stick to pencil & ink!

(and occasionally watercolors)