• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

So today was daddy / daughter art day in my house. My daughter loved My Little Pony... (She's 6) So she picked out one of her favorite covers (Yes we collect the comics for her - still missing the more expensive variants) and I drew the cover twice. One for her to water color and one for me to water color with her...

Part 1 - reproducing most of the cover

941968_10200514939568443_895408689_n.jpg

Part 2 - inked the drawing. not pictured is me lightboxing this one to make a 2nd copy real quick.

922811_10200515304177558_1492042465_n.jpg

Part 3 - she's painting her's while I take a break

936214_10200515652386263_52747417_n.jpg

Part 4 - finished. well mostly. and yes I suck at water color too :P

942130_10200515924633069_1613750318_n.jpg

spike3page111_zps974c0858.jpg

Recently finished inking page 11 of my book. The living are kickin the zombies azzes in front of Portland City Hall. :grin:

spike3page111_zps974c0858.jpg

Recently finished inking page 11 of my book. The living are kickin the zombies azzes in front of Portland City Hall. :grin:

:applause:

I hope to start mine someday soon, I applaud your efforts, because sequential art is challenging!

I hope to start mine someday soon, I applaud your efforts, because sequential art is challenging!

I've seen some of your artwork Balls and know you won't have any trouble with that area (worship)

I've seen some of your artwork Balls and know you won't have any trouble with that area (worship)

Thanks! It's the time aspect that daunts me. And I don't like to feel rushed. We'll see. I vowed to have 24 pages done by the end summer, but it's not looking like it - but I am going to start it at least!

Thanks! It's the time aspect that daunts me. And I don't like to feel rushed. We'll see. I vowed to have 24 pages done by the end summer, but it's not looking like it - but I am going to start it at least!

I know what you mean about time and being rushed. This project is taking me WAY longer than I thought it would..... course I have a 40 hour a week day job to go to also, so I'm only squeezing in a couple of hours a night when and if I have the energy. My philosophy is that every line I make on the page, is one less than I had before :insane:

My philosophy is that every line I make on the page, is one less than I had before :insane:

That's a good way to look at it!

I know what you mean about time and being rushed. This project is taking me WAY longer than I thought it would..... course I have a 40 hour a week day job to go to also, so I'm only squeezing in a couple of hours a night when and if I have the energy. My philosophy is that every line I make on the page, is one less than I had before :insane:

I have 2-3 projects I am wanting to work on myself but that 40 hour a week full time job and 20 hour a week part time job(s) get in the way.

I have 2-3 projects I am wanting to work on myself but that 40 hour a week full time job and 20 hour a week part time job(s) get in the way.

Amen, brother. I'm in the same boat. 40 hours per week, plus 20 hour part time teaching - my only break from that is during the summer, which is why I was hoping to have some pencils done by now! Once school starts, I have little time left for anything other than work and freelance.

I did manage to crank this out two weeks ago during the weekend, shirking all my yardwork responsibilities. It was a two-year old project I told myself I would finish, finally got down to it.

BITEME01.jpg

Amen, brother. I'm in the same boat. 40 hours per week, plus 20 hour part time teaching - my only break from that is during the summer, which is why I was hoping to have some pencils done by now! Once school starts, I have little time left for anything other than work and freelance.

I did manage to crank this out two weeks ago during the weekend, shirking all my yardwork responsibilities. It was a two-year old project I told myself I would finish, finally got down to it.

BITEME01.jpg

Cool piece. fabric paint?

I did some custom painting on a few leather jackets several years back and made the mistake of using acrylics. Because the leather was treated the paint ended up peeling off. My customer was very unhappy. Turned out she was the daughter of my Mother's best friend to and I had no idea. :P

BITEME01.jpg

..... "shirking all your yardwork responsibilities" lol