• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Here's the labratory

drawingroom2_zps6b18fc65.jpg

THAT is the kind of lamp I am looking for now.

NICE acoustic bass you have there!

As for my Schomburg print, well, it's actually a print-out :) I found a high resolution scan of the print online. I did a bunch of touchup work to it in photoshop and then printing it on our huge plotter at the office. No way would i put thumb tacks through one of those prints considering what they sell for these day. I'm hoping to find the print of The Human Torch #23 though. That is my all time favorite cover of Alex's

You printed that out yourself ?!! Thats amazing!

Back in the mid 80's I went to SDCC and none other that Alex Schomburg himself was a guest. He was sitting at a table, by himself, with no line at all :o ..... and he had 3 prints. A Captain America, an All Winners ( I think) and this one from Marvel Mystery #66. I bought 2 copies of each and had him sign them all. Yea.... ALEX FREAKIN GOLDEN AGE SCHOMBURG !!! I was stunned that he could be sitting all alone like that. Anyways, I gave most of them away away but still have this one ....my favorite of the three, and the memory of talking to him and having him sign them :cloud9:

IMG_6695_zps01091af0.jpg

6043a3e0-5fb1-444b-8141-efec2e3e869b_zps0bb0e197.jpg

You printed that out yourself ?!! Thats amazing!

Back in the mid 80's I went to SDCC and none other that Alex Schomburg himself was a guest. He was sitting at a table, by himself, with no line at all :o ..... and he had 3 prints. A Captain America, an All Winners ( I think) and this one from Marvel Mystery #66. I bought 2 copies of each and had him sign them all. Yea.... ALEX FREAKIN GOLDEN AGE SCHOMBURG !!! I was stunned that he could be sitting all alone like that. Anyways, I gave most of them away away but still have this one ....my favorite of the three, and the memory of talking to him and having him sign them :cloud9:

IMG_6695_zps01091af0.jpg

6043a3e0-5fb1-444b-8141-efec2e3e869b_zps0bb0e197.jpg

Color me über jealous!

(worship)

I like the acoustic bass!

-slym

Can't .... or at least .... decided, long ago not to pursue playing bass with any kind of a purpose, but I still love to follow along with with some of the stuff you all put up on the "what are you listening to" thread.

That is, if its simple enough :)

Here's the labratory

drawingroom2_zps6b18fc65.jpg

I like the term "labratory". It's a little cooler than "studio" - might have to change that when I describe my place... hm

labratory (thumbs u

I don't have any beakers, but I have all my glassware and toon tumblers on the wall behind my chair. Also my humidor, library, and various art supplies. Computer and desk is where the camera is, and bass guitar, CD music and movies on the other wall. Its a pretty small room, but I'm usually the only one in there (:

Edited by Senormac

So, this isn't an original idea. But I'm proud of the end result all the same.

This is another painting done on the iPad with the Procreate app and I have to give Nomad Brushes a mention. Amazing little things for iPad painting. No screen drag like rubber tipped stylus... which is honestly just as important as having a lag-free app, like Procreate, to paint with.

Bigger resolution: http://i.imgur.com/KPMO0nT.jpg

Thread Friendly Resolution:

GWItrCU.jpg

Had to login to a PC in a lecture theatre today.. .had this show up on the big screen as it was my desktop.... Figured it was likely to be the biggest display of my art ever... so I snapped it:

4mgH9jk.jpg