• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail acquired, run completed

48 posts in this topic

Hot on the heels of Karma23, I've just received my copy of # 1 to complete my full run of Avengers. That's # 1 - 503 + Annuals, Giant Size, West Coast, New, Mighty and The Initiative. :banana: :banana:

Avengers has always been my favourite series and one of my earliest comic memories is of trying (I was very young) to read some Bronze Age Avengers. My plan to buy Avengers # 1 next year got bought forward due to me getting worried about the movie hype pushing the price up so I bit the bullet. :eek:

Many thanks to the following board members who have all contributed books to my run -

Atlas Fan, Blazing Bob, NoChips, MC Miles, Korvac Saga, Evil Sly, Mike S, DrewInCanada, Nik, Greggy and especially Flaming Telepath who has supplied me with a vast quantity of comics including USAF Mildenhall books and who I'm worried will actually want to be paid for them someday soon. doh!

Anywho, here's a few of the highlights

Scan10394.jpg[/img]

Scan10391.jpg[/img]

Scan10390.jpg[/img]

Scan10395.jpg[/img]

Scan10393.jpg[/img]

Scan10392.jpg[/img]

scan0001.jpg[/img]

Scan10396.jpg[/img]

scan.jpg[/img]

That is some serious dedication. Nice job. Just curious, how long did it take you?

From when I started to seriously get the back issues it probably took about 5 years. It would have been quicker if I wasn't trying to collect every other mainstream Marvel super hero title at the same time. :tonofbricks:

:applause: Outstanding garry! Congratulations!

You're purdy slabbed run blows away my puny raw lot :cry: and it's an even more impressive achievement! (worship) (worship)

Don't sell your collection short mate, I've seen you post some really sweet books from your run :cloud9: and I only posted some of the nicer ones out of mine. I want to upgrade a bunch of them over time. Now the runs complete, I can do it at my leisure.

Thanks guy's, I'm basking in my moment of glory. :acclaim:

I could complete a far harder run and it wouldn't have the same sense of satisfaction cos Avengers are COOL. :cool: