• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage August Auction

441 posts in this topic

I'm surprised to see the Cap 74 so high...it has a CONSIDERABLE miscut.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:gossip: WM copy -- glossy cover and white pages.

Beat me too it, and one the highest graded being only a few 7.5's and one of those has a fugly grease pen and hasn't been able to sell at an asing price of $6,750. I'm guessing this book will push $6,000 when the dust settles.

That is just amazing to me. It sold in 2005 for $3450.

Just to add to this. I won my 5.5 copy (it was purdy, OW/WP's) from Comiclink 2 years ago for $3,300 and last year a fugly 4.5 sold on Comiclink for $3,100. I have seen tons of copies that were VG or less during that time. I think I actually sold a 2.5 copy I had graded for around $1,700 a few years back when I upgraded to the 5.5.

Uncle Scrooge #11 in CGC 9.4 (not 9.6 or 9.8 or 9.9) is already at $4000 ($4780 after buyer's premium) (9.2 guide price is $325)

:o:screwy::o:screwy:

the apetite for high grade material, even for non-keys / niche Genre's like Ducks, never ceases to amaze me. All it takes is at least 2 bidders to really want something, and the Price Guide is once again, just a fly swatter

This book is the one and only top census copy. If it's Barks and it's top census, it goes nuts at Heritage lately. Just wait until bids come in on the 9.6 dual top copy of US #8. Should be an interesting comparison since there are 2 copies at 9.6 vs. the 1 9.4 of #11.

The 9.6 #68 is already at $1000 too. These may or may not be real bids, though. I remember in the last auction a bunch of Uncle Scrooges were at insane price levels weeks before the end and then miraculously all the prices dropped back down to more realistic levels, as if a bid had been withdrawn or cancelled somehow. These two particular books have jumped to such extreme highs so fast that I`m skeptical at this point.

I didn't know. One time is hm Two times is (tsk)

I was thinking the same thing. I was watching some 9.4 & 9.6 Scrooges in the last Heritage auction that were more than triple the previous sale prices right until a couple days to go when they dropped down to market. Some of the silver 9.4/9.6 Scrooge books in this auction are already at prices that don't seem to be real and I would expect the bids to be "corrected" at some time.

I wish I could afford to pick up some of those beautiful WDCS books. A lot of sweet WDCS file copies have been sold over the past year.

I wish I could afford to pick up some of those beautiful WDCS books. A lot of sweet WDCS file copies have been sold over the past year.

I am secretly crossing my fingers that the rise in the food price index will make it too difficult for the European Duck collectors to compete this time. Yesterday, I had a medium pizza and an iced tea at a local Pizza Hut here in Belgium and paid Euro 17.45 = $27.75.

The emergence of all those file copies in a short amount of time reminds me of the rumors about dozens to hundreds of high grade Poughkeepsie file copies of every Dell comic. I know for sure this was the case for Four Color 9 so why not for mid-50s WDC&S... Sadly, anyone who might know would have little incentive to talk about it.

strengthening euro more than outweighing the food increase - $ books are cheaper than ever for them.

where does that leave us stuck with the US $ :sorry:

strengthening euro more than outweighing the food increase - $ books are cheaper than ever for them.

Move to Canada before the US $ becomes the Mexican Peso of the North? :whistle:

meh

I am secretly crossing my fingers that the rise in the food price index will make it too difficult for the European Duck collectors to compete this time. Yesterday, I had a medium pizza and an iced tea at a local Pizza Hut here in Belgium and paid Euro 17.45 = $27.75.

The emergence of all those file copies in a short amount of time reminds me of the rumors about dozens to hundreds of high grade Poughkeepsie file copies of every Dell comic. I know for sure this was the case for Four Color 9 so why not for mid-50s WDC&S... Sadly, anyone who might know would have little incentive to talk about it.

I'm glad when you have time in your travels lately to stop in a drop us a little tidbit. I'd love to know more about the FC 9 find. And I share you hope that Euros don't go hungry just so they can buy comics. :devil: But I have to agree with 1koko and say that the weak dollar is more ominous for us yanks. I should know. Some Eurotrash brewery just bought my town's icon. :sumo:

The emergence of all those file copies in a short amount of time reminds me of the rumors about dozens to hundreds of high grade Poughkeepsie file copies of every Dell comic. I know for sure this was the case for Four Color 9 so why not for mid-50s WDC&S.

I sure hope so. Now that I've sold off my Ducks, I'd sure like to be able to assemble a complete NM run for peanuts. :wishluck:

Just checked the yearly fx movement:

- EUR appreciated 14% vs US$

- US$ appreciated 2.7% vs GBP.

Just checked the yearly fx movement:

- EUR appreciated 14% vs US$

- US$ appreciated 2.7% vs GBP.

You'll excuse us if we don't get all weepy over your plight, George. meh

There seems to be some movement over the weekend on the MM9 as well as the Original Marvel artwork (which is seriously undervalued) and the Barks comics seemed to stop getting bids, it seems. I saw a piece in NY times about the whole artwork thing being the next best investment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/arts/design/30comi.html?ex=1372564800&en=012e48cc18efc56f&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

There seems to be some movement over the weekend on the MM9 as well as the Original Marvel artwork (which is seriously undervalued) and the Barks comics seemed to stop getting bids, it seems. I saw a piece in NY times about the whole artwork thing being the next best investment.

:hi:

Back on topic.

Can a 9.4 have a dust shadow?

Looking at the right hand side of the Flash #24 there seems to be a dust shadow?

yes, there have been multiple examples of dust shadows on 9.4's (thumbs u

Back on topic.

Can a 9.4 have a dust shadow?

Looking at the right hand side of the Flash #24 there seems to be a dust shadow?

yes, there have been multiple examples of dust shadows on 9.4's (thumbs u

And a few 9.6 books that I have seen, though it was very light.

R.