• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight

12 posts in this topic

So I was fortunate to see a preview of the Dark Knight tonight and let me tell you, it was great! It definitely kept the feel of the "Batman Begins" movie with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman putting in great repeat performances. I liked how they jumped right into it and there was much more action in this one than in the original Batman Begins. (It definitely would help to see that prior to the Dark Knight if you haven't already but the Dark Knight can definitely stand on its own)

Heathe Ledger was really awesome as the Joker. I got more of a "Killing Joke" vibe with Heath playing a clearly psychopathic and insane Joker. In one word it was "intense". He really put a lot into this role and it shows.

The action scenes were really very good and the movie really moved at a very quick pace (it doesn't feel like you are there for 2+ hours). The movie was really very dark and gritty which I enjoyed but had me questioning the PG13 rating (as I overheard in the theater, because they didn't use the F word it got a PG13 even though it had tons of violence, murders, etc).

It's hard for me to say much more without giving stuff away, so let me just say that the movie was really awesome. The acting was really good and special props to Heathe Ledger and to Harvey Dent (name escapes me) who put in great performances alongside the returning good guy team of CB, MC and MF. The cinematography was great, the action was great and most importantly it had a great story. It is truly a shame that Heathe has passed on and won't be in any more movies, RIP.

A special thank you to MS, PD, and CS for tonight! Much appreciated boys.

And of course a warm hello to all my friends on the boards.

Best,

DAM

You are not going to believe this.

There WAS to be a midnight show here, too. (East Coast Australia, smaller town).

I am good to go. All set. Then the radio announcement and a follow up phone call.

"The courier has not delivered one of the movie reels required." :mad:

I have my suspicions as to the accuracy, but no movie for me tonight.

GRRRR! :frustrated:

Theatre claims to be able to meet tomorrow's schedule(s).

Not a happy camper. :sumo:

Was Two-Face a villian in this, or is he setup for the next movie?

Do you really want to know before seeing it?

If so PM...

I've got tickets for a free showing tonight at 7:30. Can't wait. Just hope we get in.

And from what I hear there is already a line at the theatre this morning at 9am for people going to the first showing tonight..actually tomorrow morning at 12:01am!!

Hi Dave!

Good to see you again. :)

I haven't been on in awhile either. You've got PM shut off. Turn it on and shoot me your #. I'd love to give you a ring and catch up. (thumbs u

-Chris

I've got tickets for a free showing tonight at 7:30. Can't wait. Just hope we get in.

And from what I hear there is already a line at the theatre this morning at 9am for people going to the first showing tonight..actually tomorrow morning at 12:01am!!

Ha Ha- I bought my advance ticket for tommorow night 4 days ago when I was catching a Matinee to see Wanted. :banana:

Great film. Long...in a good way.

And the Joker is a much better villian than Ras...by far. Chris Nolan has really nailed the characters and their motivations. Dent wasn't that great as the villain. Ok no more spoilers.

RIP: Heath Ledger.