• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Kane Marvel Cover

10 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me what the Value of a Gil Kane Cover Mighty Marvel Western (20 Cent) Cover might be?

I paid 570 $ for it. I saw a similar Marvel Western GK Cover with the opening bid of 999 $, which didnt sell. Did I overpay?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Western art is tough... Always has been. Having said that Kane's westerns are among the best, and this one is pretty good. I like the ebay cover better but just slightly. If it had been priced at $750 it most likely would have sold. Ebay items tend not to sell even if slightly overpriced. Yours is probably in the $750 range too. Plus or minus a tad. Just my opinion. Dan

Looks like a great piece to me, in typical condition for a bronze age Marvel cover, with no major problems that I can see. Very presentable.

I would have the "--NO ONE CAN!" word balloon replaced, but that's just me.

Again, $570 seems very reasonable. Did you overpay? Not in my opinion!

Also note that the Two-Gun Kid cover on eBay is missing the large stat along the bottom and the top stat does not look original. Maybe that's why it didn't sell at $999. Your cover has all of the original stats except for that one missing word balloon.