• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Surrogates Film Set

15 posts in this topic

The past two weeks a film company has occupied my wife's Boston showroom doing set construction intended for filming scenes in the upcoming movie " The Surrogates "(based on a 5 issue mini-series from Top Shelf, 2005). On Friday I was able to get in and view the set shortly before it was completed, they had converted the showroom into a "beauty salon" for robots! Check out the thread HERE.

The set was waaaaaay cool. On Monday & Tuesday of this week they did the filming, and for Monday's filming my daughter was able to visit the set and she got to watch the filming! She was able to sit right behind the director and see all the shots being filmed on the monitors in front of him. Bruce Willis was in some scenes in the afternoon, prior to his scenes he was involved in an in depth discussion about the dialougue/filming with the director. A friend of ours was involved as a -script supervisor on some other scenes in the movie(not this one), and a customer of a LCS(owner is board member LarrysComics) was also involved in a scene shot elsewhere.

I had to pass on an opportunity Tuesday afternoon to get into the set, but at least my daughter had a fun time!

SurrogatesCover-thumb.jpg

If I had known the answer to that I would have posted it in the thread and saved you from spearheading a pack of nerds in here hammering me on it! :makepoint:

That's great, howz about you go start a "These People Ripped Off Asimov...." thread and leave my relating of a pleasant experience my daughter had on a comic movie set (which also involved other people I know/associate with). :sumo:

I've never read the Asimov story or the comic book, if I had any clue that these villlians might be profiting by ripping off Isaac Asimov I would certainly told my wife to tell them to stick the rental contract up their naked sun and move along.

I posted this and then deleted it after seeing GACollectibles simultaneous response, and then decided to re-post. It's not blatant to one unfamiliar with The Naked Sun.

I don't know from no Naked Sun. The Naked Prey, The Naked Ape - now that's another story. (:

He was just asking a question

Yes he was. My first response was in reference to a thread last week that had appropriate disclosure of information regarding a popular quote he commented on so it had relevance.

My second response was clarifying I was not familiar with the Naked Sun story and recommending that he start a seperate thread to hang the buggers if they were in the wrong.

All set now?

Yes he was. My first response was in reference to a thread last week that had appropriate disclosure of information regarding a popular quote he commented on so it had relevance.

The first one was spot-on, but WTF was up with the "I now own the CGC forums and will institute full and total censor on members"? (shrug)

I don't see that posted anywhere in this thread, can you point me in the correct direction? (shrug)

Right here:

That's great, howz about you go start a "These People Ripped Off Asimov...." thread and leave my....

I don't see that posted anywhere in this thread, can you point me in the correct direction? (shrug)

Right here:

That's great, howz about you go start a "These People Ripped Off Asimov...." thread and leave my....

Ahhh, well then flag me 15 yards for mis-use of the :sumo: graemlin, it was used with the intention to defray additional comic nerd posts, to no avail. doh!