• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! GPA raises prices

239 posts in this topic

I won't eat out a 2nd time with someone that tries to itemize.

And I won't eat out a second time with cheapass SOBs who hit a bar, blow a ton on expensive liquor, then expect everyone to split.

This "splitting the bill" stuff only works when all participants are honest, and I hate cheap scam-artist, top-shelf-drinking alcoholics who can't pay their own way. :frustrated:

On this we agree. A couple of drinks/beers/glasses of wine is one thing, but I wouldn't pay for bottles of champagne that I'm not drinking. All things in moderation. I'm not paying half the tab for someone to get smashed on high dollar liquor.

This is what I was trying to say.

:applause:

Then we all agree.

:sumo:

I hate champagne. Jack Daniels, Vodka and that's about it.

Drunkards.

Hood ornament.

Did they steal that too? lol

:censored:

I'm going downstairs. Fingers crossed. Hope my car is still there today.

And I won't eat out a second time with cheapass SOBs who hit a bar, blow a ton on expensive liquor, then expect everyone to split.

This "splitting the bill" stuff only works when all participants are honest, and I hate cheap scam-artist, top-shelf-drinking alcoholics who can't pay their own way. :frustrated:

I don't drink anything but water at meals, so I HATE it when people pull the "let's just split the bill" BS after having four Tanq and Tonics or Glenlivets. I never let people get away with that krap. It's probably on my top ten list of things people do that pisss me off.

I would not want to try to split a dinner tab with someone who complains about one price increase in six years.

There's only one way to split a dinner tab.

50-50

:pullhair:

Between Louise and I, we dropped about $300 for Greektown in Chicago. It was a $1500 bill with about 30 people there.

We shared one meal between us.

:eek:

I did not drink $270 in booze...at least not until we hit the hotel.

R.

Roy, I think you drank $270 in booze the first HOUR... :baiting:lol

Hmm, I paid more than my $50 share too. I'd like to know who skipped out on paying!!! :sumo:

If I see Ang with a nice new AF 15, I'll know where the extra funds went. :jokealert:

BTW, for all you Chicago types -- Angelo made arrangements the other night and a bunch of us went back to Venus -- it was as DELICIOUS as the time we were there. We're hoping to do a dinner gathering every month. PM Angelo if you're interested!

(thumbs u

Oh, and on topic: GPA rocks. Best service/value out there if you buy and/or sell CGC-graded books. $9.95 a month is peanuts. The fact that it stayed the same price for 6 years is a bonus.

When you search for a particular issue, the results will have a green "+" next to them. Click the "+" to add that issue to your My Comics.

Yes! Yes! That explains it!! :headbang:

Thank you Doc. (thumbs u

Andy

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue - this will be allowed on a limited basis per month to see how we go. So for those who use it from home and office (or home and laptop, etc) will be fine. We will be monitoring concurrent connections more diligently now.

Now how will this work with people who travel a lot?

We haven't seen our home in two months. I have already used four different IPs this month alone. Then we keep and maintain multiple homes plus an office. I also run an anonymous program like this one...

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/index.html?id=KNC-AK0343033364&HBX_PK=anonymizer%20software&HBX_OU=50&att=broad&gclid=CMew7M_oypQCFSQtagodXV-ilQ

Just an FYI, I wouldn't use it during a Paypal transaction ;) They locked my account thinking it had been hacked.

We don't do it via ISP or IP address, or anything like that. It is based on the actual machine you are logging in from (the physical computer) from one browser. So if for example you have a laptop then this is one unique PC no matter where you are.

Ummm....you probaly had a better chance with my IP address than my physical computer :insane: We have two laptops and 4 desk tops at our primary house. There is another 10 desk tops at the office and one more at the ranch. Then last but not least, the BlackBerry.

Yeah, I have a problem with this as well. I've already deauthorized three times in the last couple of days. I have the home desk top, laptop, office desk top, I-phone, and quite frequently, the in-laws desktop. Three of those are usually with in 50 ft. of each other but I don't think I should need to leave my office to go use the home PC, or go upstairs to use the same PC when my laptop is right in front of me downstairs, :blahblah:

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue - this will be allowed on a limited basis per month to see how we go. So for those who use it from home and office (or home and laptop, etc) will be fine. We will be monitoring concurrent connections more diligently now.

We haven't seen our home in two months. I have already used four different IPs this month alone. Then we keep and maintain multiple homes plus an office. I also run an anonymous program like this one...

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/index.html?id=KNC-AK0343033364&HBX_PK=anonymizer%20software&HBX_OU=50&att=broad&gclid=CMew7M_oypQCFSQtagodXV-ilQ

Just an FYI, I wouldn't use it during a Paypal transaction ;) They locked my account thinking it had been hacked.

We don't do it via ISP or IP address, or anything like that. It is based on the actual machine you are logging in from (the physical computer) from one browser. So if for example you have a laptop then this is one unique PC no matter where you are.

Ummm....you probaly had a better chance with my IP address than my physical computer :insane: We have two laptops and 4 desk tops at our primary house. There is another 10 desk tops at the office and one more at the ranch. Then last but not least, the BlackBerry.

Yeah, I have a problem with this as well. I've already deauthorized three times in the last couple of days. I have the home desk top, laptop, office desk top, I-phone, and quite frequently, the in-laws desktop. Three of those are usually with in 50 ft. of each other but I don't think I should need to leave my office to go use the home PC, or go upstairs to use the same PC when my laptop is right in front of me downstairs, :blahblah:

I've got my computer, my wife's laptop and work's computer. This will suck if I'm limited to only using 2 of those 3 computers. In fact I'm putting my foot down. :sumo:

Andy

With regard to GPA, for me it's simply a necessity. The first thing I do when I see a book that I'm interested in is check the GPA. It's automatic. I can't imagine collecting CGC graded books without it anymore.

However, I can sympathize that $120 a year might represent a lot of money for some collectors. Perhaps there is still a need for an "economy tier".

Just a thought.

CycleGirl

well, i consider myself a cheap@ss..but for some reason i'm not too bugged by this move..

i don't know whether it's because i'm a sucker for the new interface ( and the fact that i can save my searches :D), or bc it's just an extra $3 a month (shrug)

$3 is $3...meh

I've got my computer, my wife's laptop and work's computer. This will suck if I'm limited to only using 2 of those 3 computers. In fact I'm putting my foot down. :sumo:

Andy

Same problem for me. I have two computers at home, and two jobs so two work computers that I use. A total of 4 computers that I use quite often.

Is deauthorizing itself easy to do or no?

I'm asking because I have no idea. I've only ever used (2) different computers. I don't even see where you can access it on the site... although it's possible its not a restriction on my account.

Anyway, I assume the problem is remembering to deauthorize when you finish up with any specific computer if you have 3 or more that you log into from regularly? Is there a default setting to "always deauthorize" or "ask/remind" you if you want to instead of having to do it manually?

If not... suggest that to George (if it turns out that even after giving a little time getting used to it) remembering to deauthorize is still problematic.

Either way, it's gotta' be like that to help prevent... well... you know already.