• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! GPA raises prices

239 posts in this topic

Yeah, but dagnabit those were some fine lamb chops! Good times! OPA!!

Chicago08057.jpg

:roflmao:

I see one guy whose eyes are actually on the glass anticipating the shot.

:gossip: He has long hair.

(thumbs u

He just wanted to make sure he didn't miss.

lol

Derailment complete :sumo:

Chicago08057.jpg

(thumbs u

lol

You look scary with your red eyes. :cry:

Chicago08057.jpg

(thumbs u

lol

You look scary with your red eyes. :cry:

mum, dad, don't touch it, it's evil...

no prize to the first person that can name the movie from that quote

I think you'll enjoy it, but probably not as much as before. I remember loving that movie as a young boy, then watched it about 5 years ago and enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

Andy

I don't think it's that simple. My IP at home is Comcast, which shows a San Francisco origin when you track it. My IP at my office is AT&T Business DSL, which shows a Chicago origin when you track it. I have no idea why it shows Chicago, but it does. Now, if someone is showing 8 different geographic locations, that could be evidence of a problem - but not necessarily. Sometimes I use my Palm Treo to access GPA mobile when I'm out of the SF area on a trip or at a convention (granted, I haven't been to a convention out of the area in a year, but I used to use GPA at shows all the time), or my Verizon USB broadband modem to access GPA when I'm on vacation or visiting family or on a business trip, and my connection to the Verizon network might show a different origin depending on what show I attend or where I am on a trip when I check.

There are going to be exceptions...you being one of them. And you have a valid excuse. But those sharing an account won't have a legitimate excuse and will be exposed when called out on it...

Jim

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue - this will be allowed on a limited basis per month to see how we go. So for those who use it from home and office (or home and laptop, etc) will be fine. We will be monitoring concurrent connections more diligently now.

Now how will this work with people who travel a lot?

We haven't seen our home in two months. I have already used four different IPs this month alone. Then we keep and maintain multiple homes plus an office. I also run an anonymous program like this one...

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/index.html?id=KNC-AK0343033364&HBX_PK=anonymizer%20software&HBX_OU=50&att=broad&gclid=CMew7M_oypQCFSQtagodXV-ilQ

Just an FYI, I wouldn't use it during a Paypal transaction ;) They locked my account thinking it had been hacked.

George Are you still here?

Clear up one thing for me. With the updated cost structure, is there now a monthly charge every month, or will we still be able to pay a yearly fee and not have the revolving charge.

I do not care if the cost is the same.

I had just rather have 1 charge per year. Not 12. (thumbs u

I would not want to try to split a dinner tab with someone who complains about one price increase in six years.

There's only one way to split a dinner tab.

50-50

I won't eat out a 2nd time with someone that tries to itemize.

:pullhair:

A-men...a nightmare at best. But then again...I usually expense my meals to the client.

Clear up one thing for me. With the updated cost structure, is there now a monthly charge every month, or will we still be able to pay a yearly fee and not have the revolving charge.

Just one price/tier - $9.95 per month. We wanted to have everyone on the same plan so administration/making changes was streamlined internally.

I like the new site George. I find it very easy to use...especially with the "saved titles" which were always a pain to try and get into my auto-complete properly.

Are these programmed based on usage? Can they be changed?

Sorry I haven't had time to navigate the entire site yet...

R.

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue - this will be allowed on a limited basis per month to see how we go. So for those who use it from home and office (or home and laptop, etc) will be fine. We will be monitoring concurrent connections more diligently now.

Now how will this work with people who travel a lot?

We haven't seen our home in two months. I have already used four different IPs this month alone. Then we keep and maintain multiple homes plus an office. I also run an anonymous program like this one...

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/index.html?id=KNC-AK0343033364&HBX_PK=anonymizer%20software&HBX_OU=50&att=broad&gclid=CMew7M_oypQCFSQtagodXV-ilQ

Just an FYI, I wouldn't use it during a Paypal transaction ;) They locked my account thinking it had been hacked.

We don't do it via ISP or IP address, or anything like that. It is based on the actual machine you are logging in from (the physical computer) from one browser. So if for example you have a laptop then this is one unique PC no matter where you are.

Just one price/tier - $9.95 per month. We wanted to have everyone on the same plan so administration/making changes was streamlined internally.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! I'LL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!

:baiting:

:tonofbricks:

It was either that or keep two systems going (the old site plus the new one with a whole different programming approach) and have an internal nightmare making changes, etc as we have had in the past. Not to mention administrating and reporting on six different pricing tiers, as well as having to figure which tier gets what upgrade and keeping the distinctions obvious.

But you can be a special case and stay on the $199.95 a year plan if you prefer :grin:

:tonofbricks:

It was either that or keep two systems going (the old site plus the new one with a whole different programming approach) and have an internal nightmare making changes, etc as we have had in the past. Not to mention administrating and reporting on six different pricing tiers, as well as having to figure which tier gets what upgrade and keeping the distinctions obvious.

But you can be a special case and stay on the $199.95 a year plan if you prefer :grin:

No, it's Roy Delic who doesn't know how to do math, not me. I heard he paid $300 for a dinner where his and his date's share was only $100. lol