• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My $100 progressive junk sale

92 posts in this topic

Somebody please have mercy and hit the BIN aleady!

It's getting painful to watch.

I think the fatal flaw of these auctions is that the diverse offering has a few books that appeal to some, but all books appeal to no one. No one wants to pay $100 for the handful of books they really want out of the lot.

(shrug)

I agree "painful" 'cause you feel bad for the seller and want him/her to do well... BUT entertaining to no end waiting to see what's coming next and who's going to hit the BIN.

I think a "Safety Net Disclaimer" should just be standard so when someone is very clearly "way past" offering a very good deal, he can opt out of the commitment straight away or at least fall back on a pre-stated "time limit" to take advantage of it.

That's probably the only real problem with the format. If you back yourself into a corner... it has too much potential for an unfavorable ending.

That said... someone hit the BIN :wishluck:

Maybe this is why there are forum selling rules, to avoid bad situations like this, but i'm just going out on a limb.

I think it just needs a little tweaking. Maybe try something like 10 books to begin with and you can choose five for $100. Every few minutes add a few more books and up the limit on the amount of books that can be taken.

Example: 10 books to choose from for $100 and you can pick five.

A few minutes later, 15 books to choose from and you can pick 7. Still $100.

Any variations on the theme are going to appeal to more people.

More people may be interested if they don't have to grab a bunch of books they may not want. Everyone gets to mix and match until they find what they like.

Just food for thought. I do like the concept as it does make it a little more exciting. (shrug)

:applause: :applause:

you da man

Indeed! Nah, that's a seriously nice deal, there are lots of decent $.12 and $.15'ers in there! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Man, I tell y'all -- buying on the boards is way better than "The 'Bay" any day! ;)

* I'm liking the new "Progressive" format... very exciting! :D

I think it just needs a little tweaking. Maybe try something like 10 books to begin with and you can choose five for $100. Every few minutes add a few more books and up the limit on the amount of books that can be taken.

More people may be interested if they don't have to grab a bunch of books they may not want. Everyone gets to mix and match until they find what they like.

Just food for thought. I do like the concept as it does make it a little more exciting. (shrug)

I think you have something there, Park hm

I think the fatal flaw of these auctions is that the diverse offering has a few books that appeal to some, but all books appeal to no one. No one wants to pay $100 for the handful of books they really want out of the lot.

(shrug)

Just to get the record straight...it wasn't painful to see those go, I was actually having fun...if I wasn't I wouldn't have been posting as quick as I was :acclaim:

The more that went the more room I make. I had nothing invested, so it was all profit! They were free to me....remember I did say "no net".The only pity BIN's I will take is if you start seeing me to get deep into this next lot (thumbs u READY? Let me get started scanning again, and I will pull out some decent ones this time, and hopefully this doesn't go as far as the last. BRB

(shrug)

Just to get the record straight...it wasn't painful to see those go, I was actually having fun...if I wasn't I wouldn't have been posting as quick as I was :acclaim:

The more that went the more room I make. I had nothing invested, so it was all profit! They were free to me....remember I did say "no net".The only pity BIN's I will take is if you start seeing me to get deep into this next lot (thumbs u READY? Let me get started scanning again, and I will pull out some decent ones this time, and hopefully this doesn't go as far as the last. BRB

More brown back covers?? :wishluck:

I agree, more people should read this post. I think this format is more attractive for both buyer and seller.

I agree, more people should read this post. I think this format is more attractive for both buyer and seller.

(thumbs u