• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My $100 progressive junk sale

92 posts in this topic

I think it just needs a little tweaking. Maybe try something like 10 books to begin with and you can choose five for $100. Every few minutes add a few more books and up the limit on the amount of books that can be taken.

Example: 10 books to choose from for $100 and you can pick five.

A few minutes later, 15 books to choose from and you can pick 7. Still $100.

Any variations on the theme are going to appeal to more people.

More people may be interested if they don't have to grab a bunch of books they may not want. Everyone gets to mix and match until they find what they like.

Just food for thought. I do like the concept as it does make it a little more exciting. (shrug)

I think you have something there, Park hm

I agree, more people should read this post. I think this format is more attractive for both buyer and seller.

(thumbs u

I think it's a great idea! That would appeal to me as my collecting focus is very limited... 2c

In fact ....lets try something new ......Lets have a show of silent PM's. Send me a PM, title only, between the titles listed below, and at 6PM my time, PST, I will start the run most voted for...what do you think? Stupid?

S/A B/A

Thor

FF

DD

DR. Strange

Nick Fury

Subby

X-Men

Avengers

In fact ....lets try something new this......Lets have a show of silent PM's. Send me a PM, title only, between the titles listed below, and at 6PM my time, PST, I will start the run most voted for...what do you think? Stupid?

S/A

Thor

FF

DD

DR. Strange

Nick Fury

Subby

X-Men

Avengers

Sorry DC fans.... (shrug)

In fact ....lets try something new this......Lets have a show of silent PM's. Send me a PM, title only, between the titles listed below, and at 6PM my time, PST, I will start the run most voted for...what do you think? Stupid?

S/A

Thor

FF

DD

DR. Strange

Nick Fury

Subby

X-Men

Avengers

Sorry DC fans.... (shrug)

:cry:

Oh well, PM sent anyway. :)

I think it just needs a little tweaking. Maybe try something like 10 books to begin with and you can choose five for $100. Every few minutes add a few more books and up the limit on the amount of books that can be taken.

Example: 10 books to choose from for $100 and you can pick five.

A few minutes later, 15 books to choose from and you can pick 7. Still $100.

Any variations on the theme are going to appeal to more people.

More people may be interested if they don't have to grab a bunch of books they may not want. Everyone gets to mix and match until they find what they like.

Just food for thought. I do like the concept as it does make it a little more exciting. (shrug)

I think you have something there, Park hm

I agree, more people should read this post. I think this format is more attractive for both buyer and seller.

(thumbs u

I think it's a great idea! That would appeal to me as my collecting focus is very limited... 2c

Just dropped in and read this. I think that this is a really great idea. The various collectors on this board dont want certain books. I think this variation would work very well.