• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

228 DCs To Go

47 posts in this topic

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else on here, someone with a collection of his own but dabbles in a bit of selling too (quite a bit!).

Stock is whats left over when I buy collections and keep the ones I want! Stock is usually DC! I don't mean to diss DC, but I just know much more about Marvel and I would have to learn so much more to involve DC! (although a Tec 27 is my most wanted comic!)

Cheers

Kev

I've genuinely been into them since I was six years old. But there's an amazing sense of achieving something staggering as you complete a run from 1935 to the present day, and watch it take shape.

I just wish there had been one individual accurate information source to actually tell you what EVERY DC consisted of.

I can do but I'm not sure how the scanner works and also need to locate the comic as it's a one-off and my comics are in runs but not alphabetised.

In the meantime, there's a very accurate scan of it in the Gerber guide, but I think he fails to mention that it's a DC, which it most certainly IS, and which Overstreet correctly acknowledges.

Are you offering this or just showing it ????

My GI Combat is definitely NOT for sale...

...but I would be very happy to trade you for it! tongue.gif It would be my pleasure to help you finish off your collection.

I'll PM you!

I would love to have traded the GI Comabt 23 with you, but in the meantime, Stephen Fishler just found me a cheap low grade copy, but thanks anyway.

Also the GI Combats and Blackhawks don't actually reduce the number of missing DCs. as they're not TRUE Dcs anyway. They're on a separate part of the list. The actual MAIN list of the missing DCs is now down to 221 as of this morning, as we won a few on e-bay in the last few days.

No I haven't, mainly cos it's been a sore point. I bought Secret Hearts 3 and All American 109, both of which turned out to be wrong copies because they were Canadian.

The Secret hearts 3 had the cover of the US number 1

The All American 109 had the cover of the US 107.

It put me off................

It's down to 220 as we speak, but slowing up.

There are loads of comics that I still need, but in high grade, being auctioned by Heritage right now, but they'll be way out of my price league.

I just wanna finish these last 220.............

Anyone wanna donate a "Big Book Of Fun Comics" to a worthy cause ?????????

It's down to 220 as we speak, but slowing up.

There are loads of comics that I still need, but in high grade, being auctioned by Heritage right now, but they'll be way out of my price league.

I just wanna finish these last 220.............

Anyone wanna donate a "Big Book Of Fun Comics" to a worthy cause ?????????

What happens when you get down to zero,nada,zillcho, the Big "0"...etc,etc??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif........will it come crashing down on you tonofbricks.gif...No but really will you go to Marvel then??

No I think I'll really enjoy having the lot.

Remember it's never complete, as new Dcs come out every week, Granted some of them are awful, but some of them really are excellent too. For instance, next year a six part miniseries called DC New Frontiers goes back in time to people like Hal Jordan before he became Green Lantern etc etc.

But once I got the lot, I can then think about upgrading the worst ones.

I wanna have every DC ever made and keep them.

Can anyone get me a phone number for Gary Carter ???

He used to be the editor of Comic Book Marketplace.

I'm told he's the one to answer a lot of my questions, so please can someone message me with his number, or e-mail me direct at

ian.levine @ btconnect.com

I left a space either side of the "@" sign, so the e-mail didn't get truncated automatically.

Do you collect the second (and third, etc) prints too? I suppose for cover variations you almost certainly do. But what about those that are otherwise identical? I''ve spotted some that come from the mulit-paks that are 2nd and 3rd prints. I don't think many of them are even noted in Overstreet...

Yes I'm trying to collect every DC comic. Excluding the giveaway promotional comics, those 220 complete the list of every actual DC ever released on sale, and there are thirty thousand of them, so yes those 220 fill a lot of holes.

You obviously missed my original posting about it.