• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for the Boards

7 posts in this topic

I had a question for the board...

Does anyone have a Splash page, golden or silver age which was made from the cover?

I have a Green Hornet #10 splash, which was made from cutting the cover to pieces and pasting on a board. I know this kind of thing happened a bit in the Golden Age, as companies were trying to save a buck. The splash looks like a frankenstein piece and I have been debating about seeing if a good restorer could re-constitute the cover. Would this be worth it, or a waste of time? Has anyone ever done this?

I don't have golden age covers and I didn't know they ripped it up to make the splash wow!

As for what I would do.. wow, I probably wouldn't do it, conservation is always regarded negatively in collecting circles. However, if you don't care about resale value and looking at the "cover" will give you much more pleasure than the Frankenstein splash, then go for it!

Malvin

I'd leave well alone. You'd be destroying the splash (which has new panels of art in addition to the cannibalised cover image).

For the cost of restoration, you could probably buy yourself another GREEN HORNET cover.

How much would you guess it would cost?

Not my place to guess . . . you'd have to speak to someone who provides this service.

People like Roger Hill or Robert Dennis spring to mind.

I'm sure others will recommend.