• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Comic Book Prices Rise 14.2%

63 posts in this topic

A 14% rise on keys over an 18-month period, with both mid-grade and high-grade included, is pretty high. Based upon my review of the high-grade Marvel sales in 2008, I think it'd be higher if you filtered out mid-grade.

What's causing this strong growth? I don't recall this much increase since CGC introduced greater trust and higher liquidity into the market (although I'm not saying the current bumps compare to the bump we saw when CGC started, these are far more modest).

A 14% rise on keys over an 18-month period, with both mid-grade and high-grade included, is pretty high. Based upon my review of the high-grade Marvel sales in 2008, I think it'd be higher if you filtered out mid-grade.

What's causing this strong growth? I don't recall this much increase since CGC introduced greater trust and higher liquidity into the market (although I'm not saying the current bumps compare to the bump we saw when CGC started, these are far more modest).

Marvel in the movies, Animation and the videogames. the early keys will keep going up. wait till the THOR,CAPTAIN AMERICA and AVENGERS movies hit the bigscreen.