• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay descriptions that make your Spidey senses tingle...

20 posts in this topic

What are some of the things in ebay descriptions that really bug you and or set off alarm bells:

Example: I do not want to put a grade on this, because grading is subjective, but this is a really pretty comic... 893naughty-thumb.gif

What are some of the things in ebay descriptions that really bug you and or set off alarm bells:

Example: I do not want to put a grade on this, because grading is subjective, but this is a really pretty comic... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Picky hater! 893frustrated.gif

"This Action Comics 1 comic was passed on to me by my father's grandmother. I found it in the attic the other day when I was doing some spring cleaning."

"A Private Auction to dissuade the "Thrill/Joy-Bidders" that are generally attracted to books of this nature in these extreme grades, to preserve the integrity of the auction..........Up for an auction, an unrestored..............."

Why'd you delete your post? confused.gif
I realized that it has nothing to do with the spider senses angle. Not shipping outside of the US doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the auction. Remember, only quality posts from me from now on! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I realized that it has nothing to do with the spider senses angle. Not shipping outside of the US doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the auction. Remember, only quality posts from me from now on! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

When are you going to start doing the same? confused.gif

When are you going to start doing the same? confused.gif

why bother?

"A Private Auction to dissuade the "Thrill/Joy-Bidders" that are generally attracted to books of this nature in these extreme grades, to preserve the integrity of the auction..........Up for an auction, an unrestored..............."

sign-funnypost.gif

I was going to put that one up too, but I didn't want to take all the Thunder.

Here is one that kind of bugs me a little:

"If you're not going to pay, don't bid!" duh! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Thank you Captain Obvious, like that's going to dissuade a NPB type jerk from bidding on your stuff.

Remember, only quality posts from me from now on! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Me too buddy! I'm struggling with it but determined to be better. However, I think the standards may be too high................ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now if we could only get rid of these coinees. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Here's mine:

"With the next Spider-Man movie coming out, comics are in the spotlight. Which means this mid-grade DC bronze comic will be hot!"

thumbsup2.gif

Or: With rumors of a (insert any superhero here) movie coming out soon, this book is sure to increase in value.