• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any keys here?

224 posts in this topic

Bone #1, Albedo 1,2, Dark Knight 1, Watchmen 1, Sandman 1. There are plenty. But many aren't worth much unless 9.8

(or are some of these moderns? I lose track)

so we are talking less than 40?

also CRISIS 7 and 8, I guess.

secret wars 8 and Amazing Spider-Man 252, so about 30 keys,maybe more than the bronze age if you do some research?

Most of the CA books every one has said is def key, but not comapred to the Key BA books.

So I would have to say no. :gossip:

well, compared to Key SA books, BA keys are barely keys, so I'm not sure you can judge it that way.

Besides, there are only 3 BA keys I can think of that truly have any meaning to comics today- hulk 181, GS X-Men 1 and Cerebus 1(and cerebus will likely be forgotten within a decade). What else has had lasting impact?

secret wars 8 and Amazing Spider-Man 252, so about 30 keys,maybe more than the bronze age if you do some research?

Most of the CA books every one has said is def key, but not comapred to the Key BA books.

So I would have to say no. :gossip:

well, compared to Key SA books, BA keys are barely keys, so I'm not sure you can judge it that way.

Besides, there are only 3 BA keys I can think of that truly have any meaning to comics today- hulk 181, GS X-Men 1 and Cerebus 1(and cerebus will likely be forgotten within a decade). What else has had lasting impact?

To me there is really nothing from 1980-current that is so key I have to have it, yes there are some good books.

Off couse the SA has much more/better keys than the BA, just like GA to the SA.

The number of key books well out number the CA books because lets face it even when I started naming isses from the CA I was just naming the sought after books not really keys.

You forgot to mention: :baiting:

Conan #1

X-men 94

X-men 101

ASM 129

ASM 121 and 122

Marel Spotlight #5

Ghost Rider #1

Werewolf by Night 32

Tomb of Dracula #10

Green lantern 76

...how about everthng Neal Adams Batman and Green Lantern.....there is alot more off course....

To compare the CA Keys to the Bronza Age keys is very silly.

Marel Spotlight #5

Ghost Rider #1

Werewolf by Night 32

Tomb of Dracula #10

are these really "key" books? I know they have some value, but none of these characters can maintain their own ongoing series.

I agree on the others.

Marel Spotlight #5

Ghost Rider #1

Werewolf by Night 32

Tomb of Dracula #10

are these really "key" books? I know they have some value, but none of these characters can maintain their own ongoing series.

I agree on the others.

Well 2 of the 3 have on-going titles now.

You have to look that besides maybe ASM 300 there really isn't any of major 1st appearance from 1983-current in my opinion Plus ASM 300 is very common to find.

So the issues above are really some of the last important key 1st appearances even if they are B-Level Characters.

They are key enough that 2 of them got into the movies! (Blade and GR)

You have to look that besides maybe ASM 300 there really isn't any of major 1st appearance from 1983-current in my opinion Plus ASM 300 is very common to find.

So the issues above are really some of the last important key 1st appearances even if they are B-Level Characters.

Of Marvel/DC characters I would agree with you.