• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a witness

12 posts in this topic

Hello all-

This is my very first time posting on these boards, so forgive me if I make an error or two. I think I'm in the right place, though. I've been collecting comics for quite a few years (15+) and now I'm starting to really get into Signature Series comics. I have a few signature comics already, though none of them have the yellow label, only COA's or me own two peepers as evidence.

My question is if there are any witnesses available for Dragon Con in Atlanta at the end of August. I plan on obtaining a few sigs and in particular some Eric Powell autographs on some early Goon comics. I think these would be great candidates for SS so I hope there is someone available! Thanks for your attention and I look forward to hanging around this place!

~Lebowski

So I would send the witness the comics to be signed, they attend the con, get the sig, then mail me back the graded and slabbed book?

Hmm. A possibility, definitely, but I would like to be there with the witness if at all possible. Not really from a safety standpoint, but more for the love of meeting the creators of comics I adore and chatting with them as I obtain the autograph. Sending the comic out to be signed seems a little impersonal to me, but if it's the only way to get it qualified for SS, then I'll probably have to go with it...I would really love for someone to be at Dragon Con, though.

Does having the comic signed without a witness automatically downgrade the value of the book?

The problem with not having a witness is that the book won't be eligible for Signature Series. Without the validation of a witness, the book would receive a qualified (green) label, or you can get just the regular blue label. I could be wrong, but if you take the Blue label route, I'm pretty sure that they count the signature as scribbling, so yes, it would downgrade the book.

Kevin Boyd the director of Signature Series will more than likely post a thread on the boards with information on DragonCon. He will also ask for witnesses that are attending to post or they will just post on their own.

This is a great way to see if any witnesses are attending. You can then make arrangements with them for the show.

Kevin Boyd the director of Signature Series will more than likely post a thread on the boards with information on DragonCon. He will also ask for witnesses that are attending to post or they will just post on their own.

This is a great way to see if any witnesses are attending. You can then make arrangements with them for the show.

Dragon*Con isn't on the CGC con schedule for this year, so I probably won't be doing an official "sticky" thread. That being said, if any Witnesses are attending they should identify themselves by submitting their request for this "non-CGC show". Ditto for Fan Expo Canada in Toronto.

Thanks for all the replies, fellas. Y'all are quite the responsive crowd. That's awesome.

I just got done reading the entire Q&A sticky thread, so I'll try to keep the redundancies to an absolute minimum.

Thanks for the offer, ffcomics! I just may do that if I can't find anyone for DragonCon. You know, come to think of it, I just won one of your auctions the other day (if you post by the same handle on eBay): a Yellow Label Walking Dead #9 signed by Kirkman & Moore. A beautiful book that I can't wait to get in my hot little hands. I almost feel like I stole it from you! :)

If a sticky thread won't be created for DragonCon, should I expect to start to see posts by individuals announcing their attendance or should I create a new post asking only about availability at Dragon Con (and title the subject line appropriately)?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

You know, come to think of it, I just won one of your auctions the other day (if you post by the same handle on eBay): a Yellow Label Walking Dead #9 signed by Kirkman & Moore. A beautiful book that I can't wait to get in my hot little hands. I almost feel like I stole it from you! :)

Yes you did! (thumbs u