• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Collecting Addiction

22 posts in this topic

I've collected numerous titles over the years from Iron Man to Cerebus to Underground comics. I recently picked up a beater copy of a Vampirella magazine at my LCS and fell in love with it. :blush:

Although I am still going to collect two "nurse" titles, I am primarily going to focus on getting a run of Vampirella in high grade. (Well as high of a grade as I can afford.) I am eventually going to slab the raw copies I purchase because I think the magazines look great in a slab!

Anyone else here a Vampirella fan and collector? What copies do you find to be the most difficult to obtain?

Rare South American First Issue Variant with Creepy #1 cover art

86bc_1.jpg

Seriously though, the 1972 Annual and the last Warren issue.

What "nurse" comics are you referring to?

Betsy Crane? Cynthia Doyle? Sue & Sally Smith? Night Nurse? Nellie the Nurse?

Anyone else here a Vampirella fan and collector? What copies do you find to be the most difficult to obtain?

Yes, I am a fellow pervert as well. :acclaim:

I have a complete Warren run of Vampirella (#1-112 plus the Annual) with the average grade being around a VF I'd guess; I also have a good-sized collection of original artwork from the series. I don't have the Harris-published #113 and I may be missing the Special Edition as well (can't remember if I ever picked that one up or not). I don't think any of the issues are difficult to find unless you're going for high/super-high grade. The hardcover version of the Special Edition is definitely hard to find in high grade - I've never seen a pristine copy of that one. Not sure about the regular issues from the series. (shrug)

WELCOME TSF - Fyi, there's a dude selling a ton of US and foreign editions of Vampirella, Eerie and Creepy on ebay, you might have a look at them. I don't collect foreign editions, but I was amazed at the variety. The links below are a Vampi #2 in VF and #31 in NM in this group.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270259213344

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270259194412

That is one in-freaking-credible collection that kching7 has posted up for auction.

Italian, French, German, Dutch, Finnish, and Turkish Editions of the Warren line.

He's got them all. Even Blazing Combat. Plus Skywalds. And in VF - NM condition, too.

Yes I saw all of those on Ebay. I'm just a little hesitant about bidding due to the fact that the pictures are all cut off. Oh and to answer IIII's question I collect Nellie the Nurse and Night Nurse, or at least I am trying to.

I'd go for those if I were you. That is one serious collector/collection.

And talk about rare - those foreign editions are almost impossible to find in such well-cared-for condition. You can always pick up the U.S. editions.

You watch. Those foreign edition auctions will skyrocket.

They may even out-perform the U.S. editions.

(BTW, I collect all SA & BA nurse comics. No GA, though.

Doctors and nurses are big fans. I often sell them my under-copies when I upgrade.)

Well took a look at them. Just bid on Vampirella #1 German Edition. The cover is nice on that one. Also placed low bids on 9 other issues. WIll see what happens. If they don't turn out the grades they are stated to be, I won't be out alot of cash.

I've collected numerous titles over the years from Iron Man to Cerebus to Underground comics. I recently picked up a beater copy of a Vampirella magazine at my LCS and fell in love with it. :blush:

Although I am still going to collect two "nurse" titles, I am primarily going to focus on getting a run of Vampirella in high grade. (Well as high of a grade as I can afford.) I am eventually going to slab the raw copies I purchase because I think the magazines look great in a slab!

Coincidentally, I've been considering a Vampirella run myself. They would need to pretty high grade...for some reason I'm much pickier about the condition of my magazines than my comics.

From what I've seen, the series does not seem hard to find and not too expensive. The bltch seems to be in finding an Ebay seller who grades them correctly.

Coincidentally, I've been considering a Vampirella run myself. They would need to pretty high grade...for some reason I'm much pickier about the condition of my magazines than my comics.

From what I've seen, the series does not seem hard to find and not too expensive. The bltch seems to be in finding an Ebay seller who grades them correctly.

Well I would be happy with grades of 9.0 or better. Currently I am winning all of the auctions I bid on with less than one day left. And for the price I bid, if I happen to win them all, and they aren't as tightly graded as the seller says, I will be happy. (Very very low bids!)

Having just completed my Vampi collection (1-113 + Annual + SC Special - still looking for a HC Special)... none were hard to find, it only took me two years... the main problem I encountered was trying to get them all raw, yet in decent grade...

I wish you all the best in your quest! It is definitely worth it... some of the most consistently GREAT artwork in any long-run mags can be found in the Warrens, and Vampi even stands a little above them in HQ art!

Having just completed my Vampi collection (1-113 + Annual + SC Special - still looking for a HC Special)... none were hard to find, it only took me two years... the main problem I encountered was trying to get them all raw, yet in decent grade...

I wish you all the best in your quest! It is definitely worth it... some of the most consistently GREAT artwork in any long-run mags can be found in the Warrens, and Vampi even stands a little above them in HQ art!

Thanks so much. So far I have just one comic, but am going to take my time finding them. I also plan on getting the Special editions.