• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - FAN EXPO CANADA Toronto - Aug. 22-24, 2008

36 posts in this topic

I'm happy to announce that for the first time since 2002, CGC will be setting up at FAN EXPO CANADA in Toronto on August 22-24, 2008.

I'm in San Diego at the moment, so I will update with the full guest list when I return on Tuesday.

Comic Book Expo Guests include:

ALEX ROSS

BRIAN BOLLAND

MARK BAGLEY

DAN SLOTT

KEITH GIFFEN

J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

MATT FRACTION

C.B. CEBULSKI

STUART IMMONEN

KATHRYN IMMONEN

CLIFF CHIANG

and, many, many more...

How about a sketch by Stuart Immonen? lol

HA..good luck, you will probably have a better chance getting a Ditko signture. Immonen who by the way is super nice in person WILL NOT SKETCH FOR ANYONE PERIOD!!. He even wrote a book on 50 reasons why he will not sketch at shows.

HA..good luck, you will probably have a better chance getting a Ditko signture. Immonen who by the way is super nice in person WILL NOT SKETCH FOR ANYONE PERIOD!!. He even wrote a book on 50 reasons why he will not sketch at shows.

Yeah....that's why I put the little lol guy on there. :baiting:

I'd like Giffen and Bolland... anyone know if they sketch?

And, any of you fine witnesses planning on going? :wishluck:

:D

I would bet the answer is no on both, but I've been surprised before!

I figured it's probably not likely, but there are just a few guys I'd like to have SS books with sketches from, and these two guys are on the short list. ;)

I did not know this!!! I currently own every issue of Ultimate Spider-man, which Immonen picked up recently. Why would I support an artist with that kind of philosophy?

....I'm pissed. :mad:

I did not know this!!! I currently own every issue of Ultimate Spider-man, which Immonen picked up recently. Why would I support an artist with that kind of philosophy?

Visit his site and pick up his book "50 Reasons to Stop Sketching at Conventions." You'll never look at comics fans or conventions the same way again.

Visit his site and pick up his book "50 Reasons to Stop Sketching at Conventions." You'll never look at comics fans or conventions the same way again.

...I think I just might...but I hate the feeling of supporting an artist with that kind of philosophy. FYI: How's that Joker Sketch doing for you? :)

Kathryn Immonen is a writer. She's currently writing Pasty Walker: Hellcat.

Stuart will on occasion do little sketches in hardcovers which he personalizes. Based on the situations he outlined in his the 50 Reasons book Stuart won't do convention sketches on their own, which is ultimately his choice. Some artists do them for free, others do them for a fee and some don't do them at all, and Stuart falls into the latter category.