• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - FAN EXPO CANADA Toronto - Aug. 22-24, 2008

36 posts in this topic

How about a sketch by Stuart Immonen? lol

HA..good luck, you will probably have a better chance getting a Ditko signture. Immonen who by the way is super nice in person WILL NOT SKETCH FOR ANYONE PERIOD!!. He even wrote a book on 50 reasons why he will not sketch at shows.

Yeah....that's why I put the little lol guy on there. :baiting:

I did not know this!!! I currently own every issue of Ultimate Spider-man, which Immonen picked up recently. Why would I support an artist with that kind of philosophy?

....I'm pissed. :mad:

Visit his site and pick up his book "50 Reasons to Stop Sketching at Conventions." You'll never look at comics fans or conventions the same way again.

...I think I just might...but I hate the feeling of supporting an artist with that kind of philosophy. FYI: How's that Joker Sketch doing for you? :)

The Joker is GREAT! :grin:

I've got his book, and it is hysterical.....at least most of it. I really enjoyed his view from the other side of the table. I think you'll be more sympathetic to his cause once you read it. I know it made me incredibly self conscious about my habits.

Please note: This list doesn't include the celebrity guests...

Featured Comic Book Expo Guests

Mark Bagley

Brian Bolland

J. Scott Campbell

Peter David

Gabrielle Dell'Otto

Dan Didio

Marko Djurdjevic

Dale Eaglesham

Matt Fraction

Adam Hughes

Steve McNiven

Alex Ross

Tim Sale

Dan Slott

Comic Book Expo Special Guests

Kei Acedera

Kalman Androsofszky

John Barber

Ivan Brandon

Mel Caylo

C.B. Cebulski

Cliff Chiang

Bobby Chiu

Mike Choi

Richard Cox

Kevin Eastman

Michael Easton

Drew Geraci

Keith Giffen

Jen Grunwald

Kathryn Immonen

Stuart Immonen

Georges Jeanty

Karl Kerschl

Leonard Kirk

Erik Ko

Bob Layton

Alvin Lee

Jeff Lemire

Tim Levins

Alex Maleev

Francis Manapul

Angel Medina

Yanick Paquette

Jason Park

Justin Ridge

Dave Ross

Steven Silver

Cameron Stewart

Ty Templeton

Marcus To

J. Torres

Dexter Vines

Jim Zubkavich

Special Appearances by:

Sal Abbinanti

Attila Adorjany

Sam Agro

Jason Armstrong

Andy Belanger

Blake Bell

Jack Briglio

Kent Burles

Scott Chantler

Michael Cherkas

Michael Cho

Richard Comely

Rob Coughler

Wes Craig

Claudia Davila

Arthur Dela Cruz

Valentine DeLandro

Michael Dooney

Ray Fawkes

G.W. Fisher

Agnes Garbowska

Rob Granito

Larry Hancock

Scott Hepburn

Janet Hetherington

Greg Hyland

Raff Ienco

Mark Innes

John Kalisz

Ron Kasman

Eric Kim

J. Korim

Jesse Lam

Steve Lavigne

Jim Lawson

Kurt Lehner

Leo Leibelman

Logan Lubera

Steve Manale

Vatche Mavlian

Brian McLachlan

Kagan McLeod

John Migliore

Ed Northcott

Jacy Nova

Nick Nova

Joseph O'Brien

Richard Pace

Jonathan Parra

Ramon Perez

Nick Postic

Peter Repovski

Rob Ross

Alexander Serra

Allison Sohn

Ken Steacy

Jim Su

Ronn Sutton

Eric Talbot

Layne Toth

Peri Toth

Rob Walton

Ken Wheaton

Marc Wolfe

Howard Wong

Richard Zajac

STUDIOS & COMPANIES

Bright Anvil

Heavy Metal

Imaginism

Marvel Comics

Mirage

Udon

Also present will be editorial and marketing representatives from DC Comics and Top Cow.

I'd like Giffen and Bolland... anyone know if they sketch?

And, any of you fine witnesses planning on going? :wishluck:

:D

I would bet the answer is no on both, but I've been surprised before!

Bolland will be there and will be sketching.

The convention will have signing times posted where Brian will be in a special area just for signing, at least one hour per day.

He takes a new list each day of about 20-25 names and then cherry picks thru the list for what he would like to draw that day. Picking them out of order also allows him to get to the fans that were on the San Diego list 2 years ago, or the New York list last year, without getting a sketch.

Prices are $150 for head sketch, $250 for a head and torso/waist, $500 for full body.

The smaller sketches will probably be done on 9x12 or so paper and the full bodies on 11x14. One guy in New York had the great idea of paying the $500 full body sketch price and getting a head sketch that size and in that detail. It came out amazing.

Hope this helps,

Chris

The convention will have signing times posted where Brian will be in a special area just for signing, at least one hour per day.

He takes a new list each day of about 20-25 names and then cherry picks thru the list for what he would like to draw that day. Picking them out of order also allows him to get to the fans that were on the San Diego list 2 years ago, or the New York list last year, without getting a sketch.

Prices are $150 for head sketch, $250 for a head and torso/waist, $500 for full body.

The smaller sketches will probably be done on 9x12 or so paper and the full bodies on 11x14. One guy in New York had the great idea of paying the $500 full body sketch price and getting a head sketch that size and in that detail. It came out amazing.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Not really. lol

Now I want one, but don't know what I want....Joker is the obvious choice, but he may be sick and tired of drawing the Joker.......

hm

(shrug)

Hope this helps,

Chris

Not really. lol

Now I want one, but don't know what I want....Joker is the obvious choice, but he may be sick and tired of drawing the Joker.......

hm

(shrug)

What do you think would be the chance of a quick doodle on my SS book? hm

:)

I just thought I would chime in to post that I am just about finished with my previous commissions and if anyone would like to commission a sketch or a FS or SI cover to be picked up or done at the Fan Expo please feel free to PM me. There will be SS reps at the show to verify the art. Also I will be doing a very limited amount of sketches at the show which my list usually fills up by the end of the show on friday for the show. I thought i would give the CGC group first dibs on line up.

3 days from today. CGC will be accepting SS requests at their booth (check program guide for booth number). Check with Scott, Bill and Josh about guest availability for Signature Series.

As I'm working for the show so I'm going to be (mostly) on the 700 level of the convention centre running the Programming.