• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Innocuous 2008 San Diego Comic-Con Report, ADDED: Freaks 'n Geeks and Chicks

77 posts in this topic

For you OA fans, I found this amazing Kirby original art in a portfolio and not on a wall. $17k

which dealer had this`page?

I just searched everywhere and I couldn't find his card. I wanted to contact him because he had another Kirby page I was interested in. He said he is helping to sell the estate and had many Kirby pages.

I'll check my car tomorrow to see if I left the card there.

WOW. Have those FANatic costume wearers no shame??

Except for the Big Boy character just about all of them need to spend less time thinking about what they look like wearing their favourite characters costume and more time every day when they get up looking in the mirror wearing the said costume before the convention. :o

C'mon, if you want to be the character then be the character.

Thanks for the report and photos. It looks like you had a great show. Since I was not able to attend this year, I appreciate the updates. :applause:

Part of the allure for fans is dressing up and getting their geek on. It's the one time of year where they don't feel out of place and no one cares how they look.

Considering how hot it is, dressing up in some of those costumes is just crazy. Even with air conditioning, the body temperature of all the attendees makes the convention hall feel like an oven.

When are people going to learn, bring some snacks with you. You spend more time on those food lines than you do walking the show. Looks like Bob's Big Boy was the only person who came prepared.

For your first real foray into OA, you did well with those 2 covers. (thumbs u

Cheers!

N

Outstanding report, outstanding comics that you picked up. As usual, the pics rule! Love the fact that people dress up, no matter how they look, but man, some should think twice - especiallly the heavy chick in the white outfit. Yow!