• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #2

31 posts in this topic

Did anyone see the Action 3 on Metropolis? Is it really worth 3,100 asking price? The book has pages added from another book and some other stuff I forgot. What would that get by slabbing I wonder?

Probably right. Some people just want to overprice. I had a few situations where people told me that if I did not move on the book now it would be gone. And yet it was still there months after. Asking way overguide does not sit well with most people and never will.

What is strange is the Cgc will not quantify the trimming. It may have been micro-trimmed 2 mm or 1/4 inch hacked off of the right side. All painted with the same purple :P brush of "trimmed". :cry:

How could they quantify it? GA books often varied in size right from the printer. There is no way to know how much was trimmed off unless you trimmed it. As a buyer, if you want to know a general idea of how much was trimmed off, you can compare a book to scans of books that are untrimmed and see how much less artwork is present - but even that will be just an estimate.

(thumbs u

is it me or does this copy have some very noticeable resto?

not just because its in a purple label, but the top left white area next to the "A" is a different color that the other white area.

the red color around the date is blotchy...

the blue spine area around the bottom staple looks very gluey or a wrong color blue.

and the area around the 'omealia' name looks dodgy too.

usually i can NEVER pick resto. it seems to be very apparent on this cover.

or is it me? (shrug)

B.

Hey Swapto, I think much of it has to do with the crahppy scan. Especially the sig area. If you take a look at other black line areas there is similar pixelation surrounded by smoother looking areas. You are right about the spine area though, it is most likely piecefill and badly matched CT :(

Anyone call on the grader notes on this book? Seeing as it is Mod P, I imagine the piecefill and CT'ed areas are minimal. Makes me wonder what the book looks like in person compared to that scan.

And I agree about the Trimming, it would be nice to know just how much was taken off, but for now all we have is either "edge trimmed", or "cover trimmed" to try and label what was done.

That said, it's still an Action #2 :cloud9: