• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #2

31 posts in this topic

Well it is an Action 2. It wont go for guide being thats its restored but it might come near it since they are rare. Who knows. My opinion. Classic O'Mealia cover! Awesome artist.

is it me or does this copy have some very noticeable resto?

not just because its in a purple label, but the top left white area next to the "A" is a different color that the other white area.

the red color around the date is blotchy...

the blue spine area around the bottom staple looks very gluey or a wrong color blue.

and the area around the 'omealia' name looks dodgy too.

usually i can NEVER pick resto. it seems to be very apparent on this cover.

or is it me? (shrug)

B.

A collector would sell it if he only wants blue label GA. Would also sell it as it looks like Matt Nelson started bleaching a stain off of the left triangle to the upper left-hand side of the A in the Action Comics :cool: logo that is not as evident in this scan as the previous scan (unless this is a different restored copy).

I don't know if the "restored" label is as bad as the "trimmed" one. Trimming is the kiss of death for me - restoration's OK (personal preference only!), but trimming is just cutting a hunk of the book off.

What is strange is the Cgc will not quantify the trimming. It may have been micro-trimmed 2 mm or 1/4 inch hacked off of the right side. All painted with the same purple :P brush of "trimmed". :cry:

I hear you. Same with "pieces added", etc... basically their disclosure sucks.

I guess they just say trimmed without quantifying because they can't prove for sure how much was hacked off

What is strange is the Cgc will not quantify the trimming. It may have been micro-trimmed 2 mm or 1/4 inch hacked off of the right side. All painted with the same purple :P brush of "trimmed". :cry:

How could they quantify it? GA books often varied in size right from the printer. There is no way to know how much was trimmed off unless you trimmed it. As a buyer, if you want to know a general idea of how much was trimmed off, you can compare a book to scans of books that are untrimmed and see how much less artwork is present - but even that will be just an estimate.

Does anyone know how much this Action 2 will possibly go for? It is restored and trimmed, good for me.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2008aug7%23Item%5F750221&id=750221

My guess is that the book will sell for somewhere around $8500 If you bid, good luck! I know you really want this issue.

Mike