• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who should be the MAJOR villian inthe next Batman movie?

Who should studio select as Batman's next MAJOR villian to keep the franchise going strong?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who should studio select as Batman's next MAJOR villian to keep the franchise going strong?

57 posts in this topic

Riddler. Everyone else has already been done or would be cheesey.

Always liked the Riddler, but found him to be a character similar to the Joker, only watered down. And it would require a lot of work from Nolan to make him credible in the context of this franchise.

Riddler. Everyone else has already been done or would be cheesey.

Always liked the Riddler, but found him to be a character similar to the Joker, only watered down. And it would require a lot of work from Nolan to make him credible in the context of this franchise.

Reports are coming out that they are talking with Johnny Depp to play the Ridder and Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play Penguin.

I voted Scarecrow...gives it a good dark feel to it. I am surprised that the rifddler is winning. I always sort of thought of the Riddler as a silly character, more of a batman animated type of character.

I voted Scarecrow...gives it a good dark feel to it. I am surprised that the rifddler is winning. I always sort of thought of the Riddler as a silly character, more of a batman animated type of character.

The villians are what you make of them. The Kingpin was a fat fool and Bullseye was a throwaway character before Miller took them to their full potential. The same can be done for the Riddler, or any character reallly. Catwoman could even be portrayed as dark and murderous if they wanted to change her to look that way.

I voted for Riddler.

Though I agree that many of the depictions we've seen of him, have indeed been cheesy, I think that the basic premise of the character is one that could work in the context of Nolan's films.

(Something that is not true for, say, the Penguin, no matter how much I like the character.)

And Johnny Depp is a good enough actor to make him believable - assuming, of course, that there is any truth to those (early) rumors. hm

There are some other interesting choices, as well, but I think they'll have to go with a character that is at least somewhat known to the general public (shrug)

Personaly I hope they use someone that hasn't been done...including the 89's Batman movies. Heck, Hugo Strange and Two-Face would be cool. I only mention Two Face since he was more or less introduced to people in the last flick.

Wouldn't mind seeing Firefly floating around as a secondary villian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(comics)

oooooohhhh.... how scarcy......... a firefly

why not just have Batman fight Tinkerbell?

He was cool in the animated series. I was thinking he would be a good villain too. Maybe work for a more major villain. Wouldn't have to over due the super villain aspect just make him a pyrotechnic arsonist.

two face did not die in this movie,so he must play some kind of role in the whole scheme of things?

Did we watch the same movie?

two face did not die in this movie,so he must play some kind of role in the whole scheme of things?

It wasn't that high of a fall. And if you say that he had Memorial at the end of the film, well Gordon died at one point also...Harvey Dent is dead Two-Face isn't.

It wasn't that high of a fall. And if you say that he had Memorial at the end of the film, well Gordon died at one point also...Harvey Dent is dead Two-Face isn't.

Well, I'm under the impression that Two Face is dead. It completes his arc from Harvey Dent the White Knight to Harvey Dent, Villain.

You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain.

Batman took the mantle of the Dark Knight (and accepted blame for the deaths of the cops) at the end of the movie so that Harvey Dent could die a hero. Borrowing from Star Trek, Batman saved the life of Mister Reese (Mysteries) and allowed the destruction of the hospital. (In this case, the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.) At the end, the needs of the many (Gotham City) outweighs the needs of the one (Batman and the truth).

I realize that the ending is ambiguous... but in this case, I think Two Face is dead.