• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any keys from 2000 and up? this decade? NONE?

138 posts in this topic

The Daken story is horrible regardless of the art. It's not even the art that's the problem. It's the mullet and that we just got X-23 recently. No need for this lame character. On top of Batman "getting" a son too. Bad timing.

Pat

X-23 doesn't do too much for me actually...

I'd rate the Sentry as a new character that is gaining a larger role in the Marvel Universe.

(September 2000)

The Cassandra Cain character as Batgirl is also interesting... Batman #567 (1999)

I only buy new stuff for the stories period. I dont really put alot into modern books for the sole reason of it would take maqny many many decades before you see a bump on a few of these. Look at the 80s. How many Keys are there really??? Amazing 300, Wolverine 1, Transformers 80 X-men 266? maybe a few more? and they are already over 20+ years!

Even the 70s books are a diamond dozen (with the exception of Star Wars 1, 35 cent variant-which I would grab any moment). How many Hulk 181s are there out there? Thousands!!!!!!! same with X-men 94 ect........Thats why no one is paying top dollar for them any longer. I see those books sitting in dealers boxes for months and months. Why should I pay guide when I can get a Hulk 181 for half guide still?!

Golden Age is it folks! They are scarec becuase people did not know then. Books were bought and most were thrown away. The only exception to this rule for modern books might be if they are 9.9s or 10.0s certified.

Even the 70s books are a diamond dozen (with the exception of Star Wars 1, 35 cent variant-which I would grab any moment). How many Hulk 181s are there out there? Thousands!!!!!!! same with X-men 94 ect........Thats why no one is paying top dollar for them any longer. I see those books sitting in dealers boxes for months and months. Why should I pay guide when I can get a Hulk 181 for half guide still?!

Golden Age is it folks! They are scarec becuase people did not know then. Books were bought and most were thrown away. The only exception to this rule for modern books might be if they are 9.9s or 10.0s certified.

Hulk 181 has only gone down in price for 9.8s (and only this year). For 9.4s and 9.6s, it has steadily gone higher. (Regardless of the amount of books out there...)

This is pretty much true across the board for graded Hulk 181s.

The Hulk 181 will stay popular but will it keep going up in price? Who knows. But when we speak about modern books, yes some are nice, but remember how crazy people were going for Marvel Zombies then Captain America 25? Paying good money? then what. Now you can get a cap for real cheap. Maybe the variant limited issues might have some luck in the future but how high and when, is more important? People who are in their twenties now should not hope for a big payout from modern books. I would hear people go to stores and ask if a dealer wants to buy comics? Then they say they have certain books from the 90s ? wooooow. Who would pay top dollar for a book of the 90s? I would not even pay half guide. A dealer would not even give a quarter of guide. Thats it.

Captain America #14 - Winter Soldier regains his memories as Bucky, thus re-establishing the existence of Bucky in the Marvel Universe and eventually setting up the possibility of him being able to take over for Captain America.

I dont know if it's a key per se, but it's definately an important issue in the series.

Even the 70s books are a diamond dozen...

Golden Age is it folks!

"Diamond Dozen"...? :baiting:lol

I do agree w/ your comment on Golden-Age books though, Yannis. In fact, those were legitimately a Dime-a-Dozen back then, but are certainly scarce in HG now. :shy:

Modern "keys", aside from the mentioned books... ? I expect most modern keys to be in the form of "talent-related" books (ie: new artists and writers, etc.). Like any kind of collecting, the trick is to find value in something before someone else does. 2c

These are NOT keys:

Invincible #1

Y the Last Man #1

Deadpool 54 & 55

Batman :Man Who Laughs

Captain America 14

Fables #1

Grimm Fairy Tales #1

Kick-*spoon* #1

Incredible Hulk 92

Locke & Key 1 and 2

Origin 1

Captain America 25

I'm interested in knowing why?

Invincible 1 - I confess, I know nothing about this book. That alone makes it not a key. lol

:o

you're missing out...big time

Hey solataire lol cant believe I said that either! But anyway, yes there were many issues of for example Marvel Comics 1 waaay back then (they said over 800,000), but how many were actually kept by people? Instead of throwing them out? Now everyone keeps them. So its not like in 40 years from now- the Captain America 25 issue will be considered scarce. Thats the point