• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book have you owned the longest?

61 posts in this topic

I just think it's pretty darn neat we started buying a month apart. I have very fond memories of those Bronze bats between 275 and 300.

Yeah, I missed #300 on the news stand because someone else bought the only 2 copies at my local store I guess. Made me so mad. :mad:

It was a couple years later before I finally got my copy. :cloud9:

You should have done what me and my friends used to do when we were kids. If we didn't have enough money to buy all of the books that we wanted, we would take a few copies of the ones we didn't buy, and hide them behind Classic's Illustrated, or something else that didn't sell as well. We'd come back later when we had more money and retrieve our stash of books.

Where I bought comics as a kid, the woman who stocked the spinner always mixed up the books so you had to look through them to see what was there. People, probably other kids, would bend down the front ones to look at the other titles. I bet every book that store sold for years had the spine bent at the top staple.