• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difference in Thanos Quest #1 first & second prints?

15 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly, you'll see #'s 1 - 10 on the 1st print editions on the bottom of the inside cover (or on pages 1 or 2). The 2nd prints will have #'s 2-10 annotated. It's been a while since I looked at my copies but I'm pretty sure that's how you can tell the difference.

So I know this is an old post, but what about Thanos Quest CGC books, how can you tell then? You can't open the book and I don't think CGC adds "1st printing" in their notes on the card.

They would indicate "Second Printing" on the label.

So I know this is an old post, but what about Thanos Quest CGC books, how can you tell then? You can't open the book and I don't think CGC adds "1st printing" in their notes on the card.

If they catch it.

I have second and third printing books that say nothing.

You can also look on the UPC code.

When I get home, I can scan ones and show you where it looks different.

hm

I only see the company code and title code, along with publication sequence, on the back.

Since 1994, they've included the 5 digit extension code, but in 1991, they weren't yet in place.

hm

Please post if there's a difference! :)

If they catch it.

I have second and third printing books that say nothing.

(shrug)

My second print copies were labeled as such. But things have definitely been known to slip through.