• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 29 cover and Funnyman splash scans needed for Shuster book

16 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm a doing a book on Joe Shuster for Abrams--the top fine art book publisher in the world! It's called "Secret Identity The Fetish Art of Supeman's Co-Creator Joe Shuster".

I need a 300 dpi scan of the cover of Action #29 for the intro. BTW, is this the first time Lois Lane was on a cover--or is that Lois? And I need a scan of a splash page featuring a giant Funnyman standing in what looks like Times Square with mobsters fleeing. Is this from Funnyman #1? Would appreciate any help and you'll get credit in the book and I'm pretty sure Abrams will spring for a free copy for you. If you can't help do you know someone who can?

Thanks,

Craig Yoe

yoeomix@hotmail.com 914-734-4756

I believe that further investigation has been done and determined that Acion 27 is actually the first cover appearance of Lois.

I can do a 300 scan tonight. Can't do the splash, though, as this copy is slabbed. And adam strange is correct, although Overstreet hasn't yet acknowledged it, the prevailing opinion is that Action 27 is the first Lois cover. In that case, do you still want the Action 29 scan?

action29.jpg

just curious about the lois citation--it's DEF the action 29 cover i need. whether it is or not isn't important but IS that lois on the cover? i don't need anything from the inside of that book. i don't need #27, 29's cover is what's needed.

do hope someone has the funnyman splash of the giant funnyman standing in times square with the mobsters fleeing. i found it when i did a search for "funnyman shuster" on google images. but it didn't say where it was from and it is low res. need these scans at 300 dpi. thanks so much near mint, adam strange, marc, house of comics, etc.!

just curious about the lois citation--it's DEF the action 29 cover i need.

Only if you want the second appearance of Lois Lane.

I know I'm being picky, but that's kind of folks we are on the boards. :sorry:

BTW, I love your work on ARF as well as your self-published zines! :headbang:

thanks adam strange for your kind words about the arf books. did you see the latest--comic arf? i'm pretty proud of it. the action #29. just curious about lois. i need the action 29 for a different reason.

kool--yep, that's the funnyman splash i need! who can tell me where it's from and provide a 300 dpi scan?

I've only seen 3 ARFs so if there's a #4 I don't have that yet.