• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good comic shops in the Savannah, GA area?

8 posts in this topic

Heading down Friday for a bachelor/bachelorette party, want to know if there's any reason to venture out while everyone sleeps off a hangover on Sat morning. I mostly like Silver Age, but I read TPBs and just like visiting good comic stores in general.

I'll be heading to Savannah for couple days this fall. Any new leads since 2008 on this topic?

There's obviously Savannah Comics ("Comics and more" listed above).. and one other shop called Planet Fun. Any boardies around the area with opinions/feedback on shops or other leads are appreciated!

There's an antique dealer with comics, a pretty good amount of them. When I went, though, they were what I've gotten accustomed to with so many brick and mortar dealers: in poor shape, and very much overpriced on them. He said he had lots more not out, but based on what I saw, I left empty-handed and not interested in looking at his remaining stock.

It might have been that Habersham store, not sure. It was in one of those old, ornate houses. I was there a year ago.

Thanks for the tips. I only had the chance to visit one store in Savannah on my trip - Planet Fun. Other than the pretentious art student working the counter on a Thursday afternoon, it was a great little shop. Only spent about 20 mins in the shop. A lot of vintage toys and games. I picked up a few $.50 modern books not in the best condition but decent finds ($5-10 books).

There was a shooting overnight about 2 blocks from the hotel we were staying at... so I wasn't super excited about the idea of venturing towards more shady parts of town, even though I heard from a local that Savannah comics was the best shop in town. Oh well, it is a beautiful city and it was great to not think about comics TOO much on the trip.