• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink Focused Auction August 2008

65 posts in this topic

Hows eveyone's expectation on this one so far?

There's been a lot of strong bidding right off the bat, but in particular I was blown away by the Avenger's #57 9.6 $3,700 two days into things. :o:o

:o

I can't believe how many Flash runs have come on the market ever since I sold off my collection because no ultra-HG early SA Flashes were coming on the market. :tonofbricks:

Got to agree, you did staggeringly well out of that sale, and now they're coming out out of the wood work, in a semi regular fashion.

I guess a lot of people were holding onto them, valuing their intrinsict value over what they thought the market would financially value them at (shrug)

The Captain America 117 CGC 9.6 at $3,000 is way more crazy.
:o:insane::o

Ya that one has been a sleeper for quite some time... but that is more than a little crazy!! doh!doh!

I agree "sleeper", but respectfully disagree "crazy". I honestly saw this one coming... along with Avengers 57 and a few more late SA keys with Bronze appeal (like Subby 8). Both Cap 117 & Avengers 57 have been way undervalued in my mind (in the "virtually unobtainable" grade) when you compare them to many Bronze first appearances in the same "virtually unobtainable" grade.

I think many of these "Late SA Fringe Keys" (Older, harder to find HG keys of characters that are predominantly Bronze) have spikes in their future... just maybe not as much percentage-wise. The books have more cross-appeal to both SA & BA collectors I would imagine.

I also thought it was possible that Thor 165 & 166 could follow a similar path, but the Warlock appearances in particular, spread out in FF too, thin that potential out.

I don't think the book will end where it is either... 4K is possible. I bet the Avengers 57 goes closer to 5K as well.

Anyone have any predictions on upcoming spikes with other SA Fringe keys?

I also thought it was possible that Thor 165 & 166 could follow a similar path, but the Warlock appearances in particular, spread out in FF too, thin that potential out.

It's also not 1993 anymore.

I was not collecting then... please explain (shrug)

I believe he is making a reference (i wasnt collecting either) that Warlock might have been a hot character in 93 and that his apperances were driving up the prices of said books that contained him.

It's also not 1993 anymore.

I was not collecting then... please explain (shrug)

I believe he is making a reference (i wasnt collecting either) that Warlock might have been a hot character in 93 and that his apperances were driving up the prices of said books that contained him.

Yes that's the reason why in the early to mid 90's there were a ton of Warlock and the Infinity blah blah blah books.

I was just looking at that book, I thought the price now was looking like the final day price doh! this is going to blow the roof of established pricing for this book.

And even the 9.2 #5 Avengers has very decent bids on it already...Avengers. could it finally coming out of the pricing duldrums hm