• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got royally screwed by Silver Acre Comics!

226 posts in this topic

Well you could come to the London Comicon, buy real mylars from Hotflips who will be at the show and comics from me. Then you will be writing threads on how happy you were that you got real mylar and great comics.

I'm going to try my best to get there.

You would be wise to buy from Bob. He's one of the good guys. (thumbs u

plus he post some pretty funny stuff some times. (thumbs u

Well you could come to the London Comicon, buy real mylars from Hotflips who will be at the show and comics from me. Then you will be writing threads on how happy you were that you got real mylar and great comics.

I'm going to try my best to get there.

You would be wise to buy from Bob. He's one of the good guys. (thumbs u

plus he post some pretty funny stuff some times. (thumbs u

:sumo:

I intend to do both of those things !

I personally have no ax to grind here either way, but I can report some dealings with him.

I was sure I would not buy from this guy because of what I read here however....

He had a book I wanted and had been after for some years, a silver age Action. The book was sold as FINE and it was also described as having been previously owned by Brian Bolland with a COA so...I took a chance and bought it.

When it arrived it looked very promising until I opened it. The staples were badly rusted and had bled thru to nearly all the pages, and there was a coupon cut out. Naturally I was very disappointed. I got in touch straight away and explained this to Mr.Jones. He offered his apologies and took the book back. He refunded in full plus the return postage.

Although I was disappointed I did not lose out financially.

About a month later I saw three more books in the same era so I pulled the trigger. The books arrived and they were spot on in grading with no problems.

I would buy from the guy again cautiously. I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way, I mention my experience in the interests of balance.

Good work, Thomas. (thumbs u

'Cause you're all about the balance.

Yes, Blazing Bob is the "comic MAN!". I've bought a few books from him and I've been very very happy!……but WILL NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT buying any books from Silver Acre Comics!

I personally have no ax to grind here either way, but I can report some dealings with him.

I was sure I would not buy from this guy because of what I read here however....

He had a book I wanted and had been after for some years, a silver age Action. The book was sold as FINE and it was also described as having been previously owned by Brian Bolland with a COA so...I took a chance and bought it.

When it arrived it looked very promising until I opened it. The staples were badly rusted and had bled thru to nearly all the pages, and there was a coupon cut out. Naturally I was very disappointed. I got in touch straight away and explained this to Mr.Jones. He offered his apologies and took the book back. He refunded in full plus the return postage.

Although I was disappointed I did not lose out financially.

About a month later I saw three more books in the same era so I pulled the trigger. The books arrived and they were spot on in grading with no problems.

I would buy from the guy again cautiously. I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way, I mention my experience in the interests of balance.

Good work, Thomas. (thumbs u

'Cause you're all about the balance.

Hearing you refer to them as 'Silver Arce' always makes me giggle, Nick.