• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade my FF 50!

18 posts in this topic

Looks pretty nice, probably a 9.2/ 9.4 but it is hard to tell with the resolution. Also, is the top left part of the spine cut off in the scan or is there some spine roll or similar defect? If there is spine roll and defects on the back then I'd say a 9.0.

Tomega

Other than the factory-related defects, I can't see anything wrong with it from this scan. Could be a 9.0, could be a 9.4.........can't really tell for sure. confused-smiley-013.gif

OK here's the story behind this book. gossip.gif i bought this book raw about 3 years ago off of eBay.(no i'm not going to disclose the sellers ID) 893naughty-thumb.gifbut it mentioned slight colour touch in the item description, when i rec'd the book i was shocked to see that the colour touch was for a sub crease. 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif i might also add the colour touch is obvious unlike daniel dupcak/comic-keys. the book looks NM 9.4, but after what i told you fourmites it's not. my question is that 2003 OS guide list NM 9.4 at $385, how much do you think this book could sell for? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I definetly think it will sell better unslabbed. It's a tough book, but because the color touch is pretty substantial, I would say around $75-$100. But who knows, really. Best thing to do is just list it with a huge scan, and no reserve.

Well, I definetly think it will sell better unslabbed. It's a tough book, but because the color touch is pretty substantial, I would say around $75-$100. But who knows, really. Best thing to do is just list it with a huge scan, and no reserve.

Uh, you meant to say "list it with a huge scan, note the color touch concealing the sub fold, and no reserve," right? In that case, $75-100 seems about right to me...

Uh, you meant to say "list it with a huge scan, note the color touch concealing the sub fold, and no reserve," right? In that case, $75-100 seems about right to me...

i think he meant to say list it under a private auction and feedback and use this in the item description:

*****A Private Auction to dissuade the "Thrill/Joy-Bidders" that are generally attracted to books of this nature in these extreme grades, to preserve the integrity of the auction for the well-intending bidders, and to ensure bidder/winner confidentiality. ALL may bid in a Private Auction, where only the Seller views the Bidder's names, as in most Professional Online Auctions, thereby eliminating the incentive to place bids merely to bolster ones bidding status and "Search: as a Bidder" record.***** A mildly restored (slight color touched to cover subsription crease), off-white to white paged #50 in apparent newsstand condition. Brilliant colors and cover dark browns. that is still visible by angling the book into the light, I'd grade the book an apparent NM 9.4. It's THAT nice (which is the main reason I bought it). The spine is extremely flat and tight with the spine line positioned dead-edge on the apex of the fold! The dark brown are DEEP and ungrainy and the paper quality is superb. Fantastic Four 50 is an excrutiatingly difficult acquisition in VF+ or better, and its relative price although its extreme rarity, somewhat held back due to that rarity. Of the "BIG 3" Silver Surfer "Guns" (FF 48, FF 49 & FF 50), it is easily the scarcest, being issued at a time when Superhero titles were printed in ridiculously low numbers, which is why you see 1 copy of Fantastic Four 50 the for every 10 or more seen of the post Fantastic Four 48. Here's an excellent opportunity to acquire a gorgeous, minimally restored copy of the first majorly recognized, and one of the three most valuable Silver age books without going for broke! **Bid with confidence: a 7-day full money back guarantee.

27_laughing.gif

Haven't you heard? You don't need to disclose restoration, as long as you offer a

7-day return policy, from an Ebay gold powerseller, whose negatives are all retaliatory in nature, and are a result of not recieveing goods you paid for....and as long as all those negatives are going to be removed by square trade within the next few days. grin.gif