• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33 ASM #33 9.9 LOL

164 posts in this topic

Come on. You see an item for sale by a raw seller that has a 4.5, 4.8, 4.7, 4.8 star rating and you're not going to think twice about bidding. You're nitpicking needlessly. Read the feedbacks. Read the comments and see how "unhappy" everyone is.

Think twice? :o

I'd think just the once...and wouldn't go within a time zone of any seller with ratings like that.

And as you've brought up the subject of e-mails, and checking them every two hours...

When I won an FF #1 and ASM #5 from your comic-keys ID, you certainly did communicate promptly...inordinately so...up until the point that I asked you to FedEx the books to a friend in a New York hotel who was going to have them 'walked-thru' for grading at the Con.

Then you went silent for three days, even though you're on AOL and I could see you were on-line. You only responded once it was too late to effect the walk-thru.

Care to explain for your adoring fans? (shrug)

Different seller. Nothing to explain.

Same seller, different 'name', everything to explain. (thumbs u

I can't assume responsibility for other sellers. Did you ask Richard for a refund?

So tell me this then, 'Perry'...why is it that when you won a number of books from me a few years ago on eBay, the payments were made by Danny Dupcak? (shrug)

Are you quite sure that the payments weren't made by Richard Koos? I know for a fact that the two payments to one seller in the UK were made by Richard Koos, not Daniel Dupcak because I specifically asked Richard to make them for me to facillitate the transaction. I still have the email reciepts that Richard sent me, not Daniel Dupcak, when he did this for me.

I won two comics from a UK seller and he could only take Paypal. I not yet had Paypal. Richard had paypal and he owed me a refund on two comics that I returned. Problem solved. I asked Richard to send payment for me through Paypal to the UK seller and knock it off of my refund check.

He did so and sent me an email receipt to update my balance owed email for my records.

This only happened with one seller, Flaming Telepath, or I believe Gwentleleaf was your eBay name, and one seller only and the timing made the request logical.

If you remember, I had told you that I was going to ask Richard to do this for me since he owed me a refund before I even asked him to.

I WON FROM THIS GUY A COUPLE WEEKS AGO!

WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING HIM DANNY??

MY PAYMENT WENT TO PERRY STROUD!

Check the archives in this forum

Please check the archives.

Alot of untruths and convolutions. All payment made for my lisitings, Robojo33, have been made to Perry Stroud, without exception.

I'm out of here for now. 3 hours is enough. Nobody can prove of any wrongdoings by me, Robojo33 despite who anyone wants to credit as being me.

I am completely relaxed, completely without stress because I know that nothing I have done has been dishonest, misleading, beguiling, or deceptive, and I shouldn't even have to say this having the type of feedback that I do. Unrestored comics are all unrestored, restored comics have exactly which procedures are stated as done on them.

I've been selling on eBay since 3/2007 without incident. My feedback is the best among S.A. high grade raw sellers, my DSRs above average, and my buyers are knowledgeable, experienced hobbyists who submit their comics and buy again and again over the long haul. What is there to complain about?

I've done nothing wrong, and any percieved sins and gripes with Koos and Dupcak should be taken up with them, not charged to me or taken up with me.

I'll be back tomorrow, if allowed (not banned).

I WON FROM THIS GUY A COUPLE WEEKS AGO!

WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING HIM DANNY??

MY PAYMENT WENT TO PERRY STROUD!

Because he's actually Danny Dupcak, aka Richard Koos, aka Perry Stroud, the most infamous comic-book scammer to ever wield an Exacto knife...and I'm including Jason Ewert in that. (thumbs u

My eBay star rating (DSR) on communication is 4.8.

But isn't your 'Goods As Described' rating only 4.5?

How does that go hand-in-hand with the '1,498 out of 1,500' figure you're keen to bandy around? (shrug)

Goods as described doesn't necessarily refer to restored or not.

Interesting that my postage DSR is 4.8 and was 4.6 until a few months ago. I charge the exact postage. Always have. My postage scale in the description is an approximation. I have a scale and charge exact usps calclator rates. My postal charges are always the amount on the label when a buyer receives a package, without exception, and yet my DSR is 4.8, not 5.0

4.5 is an excellent DSR considering what I offer, the higher the grade, the greater the difference of opinion and subject to individual tolerances.

I've conducted consumer polls long ago and I noted something interesting. Even when 100% satisfied and a buyer repeated purchases with the same company, they have repeatedly given 8s and 9s on a 10 scale, their reason when asked being, "Only God is perfect, there's always room for improvement", or something along those lines.

Let me give an alternate 'twist' to your statistics...

To achieve a 4.5 rating, 1 person out of 10 most not have been fully satisfied with your product.

You state that you have completed 1,500 transactions, yes?

So...150 of your customers have not been fully satisfied with what they have received when comparing it to what you claimed they would.

150 unhappy people.

How do you like them statistics, Danny?

I disagree with this idea. There are degrees of dissatifaction and unhappiness, otherwise it wouldn't be 5 star system. I have a 4.8 item as described rating-I don't take that to mean 2 people out of 10 are totally unhappy with the books I send. I take it to mean that 8 people are totally happy and 2 people rate me a 4 out of 5, which is leaning more twords happy than unhappy. The only people who hit 4.9 or 5 are people who sell books straight from Diamond and say NM or better, or who just sell CGC books. That said, 4.5 may be a bit low, but I don't sell high powered S/A material either...

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/index.htm

"eBay I.D. robojo33 is the account used by someone calling himself "Perry Stroud". The mailing address (683 Nightingale Rd., West Hempstead, NY 11552) used by "Perry" on eBay is the same as the address for a house owned by "Richard Koos" aka Comic-Keys.

Here is a scan of the deed for said house as filed with the county assessors office (a matter of public record):

deed.jpg

"Perry Stroud" and "Richard Koos" at the same address....... What a small world!

I should also mention that the Private Investigator that supplied the copy of the deed was unable to find any record of anyone named "Perry Stroud" any where in the State of NY, ever. Go figure."

"eBay I.D. robojo33 is the account used by someone calling himself "Perry Stroud". The mailing address (683 Nightingale Rd., West Hempstead, NY 11552) used by "Perry" on eBay is the same as the address for a house owned by "Richard Koos" aka Comic-Keys.

Here is a scan of the deed for said house as filed with the county assessors office (a matter of public record):

deed.jpg

"Perry Stroud" and "Richard Koos" at the same address....... What a small world!

I should also mention that the Private Investigator that supplied the copy of the deed was unable to find any record of anyone named "Perry Stroud" any where in the State of NY, ever. Go figure."

I would love to hear this excuse :popcorn:

deed.jpg

I would love to hear this excuse :popcorn:

I can attest that the 2 books I bought from "robojo33" did come from this address....as they were returned to the same addy!

deed.jpg

OK, how does Danny Kupchak enter into this equation?

deed.jpg

Oooops!!!!! Hammer, I'm sure you'll come up with some sort of "explanation" for this but I think most here don't care. I also think that whereas you used to sell restored books as unrestored on ebay you have now changed your MO to just plain overgrading. You count on the inability of most people to grade accurately, as do a lot of dealers on ebay. This absolves you of having to give out refunds when the books come back graded lower than advertised by chalking it up as "difference of grading opinion".

deed.jpg

Oooops!!!!! Hammer, I'm sure you'll come up with some sort of "explanation" for this but I think most here don't care. I also think that whereas you used to sell restored books as unrestored on ebay you have now changed your MO to just plain overgrading. You count on the inability of most people to grade accurately, as do a lot of dealers on ebay. This absolves you of having to give out refunds when the books come back graded lower than advertised by chalking it up as "difference of grading opinion".

Yep!! I was burned by ComicKeys a few years ago. Out of four books I won, at least two came back restored, one blue label (bought as a NM+ and came back CGC 9.0). The fourth book was a ASM 50 that was sold as NM, but no better then VF. That one I returned so who knows if it was also restored.

deed.jpg

Also his user ID's are now kept private so you can't see him shill up his auctions. (thumbs u