• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here gets Comic Buyer's Guide? Wizard? OCPR? CBM?

32 posts in this topic

I'm curious to see what trade publications we all subscribe to.

I am a subscriber and read every issue cover to cover of Comic Buyer's Guide and pick up the occassionaly issue of Wizard, the new overstreet price review and CBM.

Anybody else out there subscribe to this stuff?

DAM

edit - OCPR not OSPR tongue.gif my bad!

I read CBG, but only the 4-6 pages relating to back issue collecting, eBay prices realized, collections unearthed, etc. I also tend to read it a few weeks after publication...there's just not enough time in the day.

I also pick up the occasional copy of CBM, which I think is very cool and a good deal at the price.

Wizard I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole - or frenchman, for that matter...

I am still on my first subscription to CBG, on a whole it is a lot of useless print. Although they do have the occasional readable article and I really like the Resale Report.

I am also on my first subscription to Wizard. Again more more useless print, just in a more enjoyable and readable manner. Some of the checklists in the back are useful. Like when they run issues for certain characters,artsist, or writers.

I picked up the Overstreet review one time and found it pretty useless. Most of the prices realized on CGC books I check GPAnalysis.

I read them all - CBG, Wizard, Comic Book Marketplace, Alter Ego etc etc -

why? because they're often more entertaining than the comics themselves!

However, these boards are actually the most informative comics medium I know of - a compliment to all here I think...

Wizard, no.

CBG, occasionally, but I'm finding the combination of this forum, newsarama.com, and of course eBay make CBG not-so-valuable as it once was. I do continue to get their free email blast. And it was a plug for this forum in the CBG "Mr. Silver Age" email that first led me here last year! 893applaud-thumb.gif

CBM, faithfully during the Gary Carter tenure. cloud9.gif Dropped it after #100. Picked up a couple of issues since (the Batman one, the Wrightson one) on the basis of recommendations from you guys here.

Alter Ego pretty much every issue. (Good mix of Golden/Silver/Bronze Age stuff).

Comic Book Artist, loved the first half-dozen or so issues, but they seem to have mined the best material by now.

Jack Kirby Collector, every issue up until the tabloid format change.

Gotta confess, I'm at the point in life where reading about comics is more fun than reading most comics themselves. sorry.gif

i know what you mean zonker! I enjoy reading about comics more than new comics for sure. Even more than some old comics, but not all. The aspects of the history & hobby really interest me now. I do also read alter ego from time to time as well as comic book artist & comic book heaven. I forgot those!